Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
SpringHill Suites
PricelineUS$117
Hotels.comUS$117
eDreamsUS$117
All reviews sitting area public areas would stay here again great stay needed a place to stay king room breakfast area fresh fruit hot breakfast mini fridge i highly recommend this hotel brandon beds sofa cereal mall
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Staff is nice and accommodating but the room was not up to par for the price. They refused to honor the rate that our event had blocked out but we chose to stay anyway, which I now regret. The room Smelled like mildew, wallpaper coming off in bathroom due to a leak, tub was clogged, and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. Our key deactivated and when we went downstairs to reactivate it they never asked for any identification or even the name the room was under, which was very disconcerting. The elevators had a strong smell of chlorine, which I assume was coming from the pool. I would not recommend and after staying in 5 Hilton’s in the past month, I may reconsider staying in a Marriott again. There are many other hotels within a five mile radius!

Date of stay: April 2021
AL ALSALEH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Dear KcarterR,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon and providing your honest feedback on TripAdvisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations in certain aspects.

As per our agreement with the event booking planner, we blocked certain number of rooms for that event. When the block was full, the hotel standard rate was applied to all out of block guests. We are very sorry if this wasn’t communicated to you properly when you made the reservation.

As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the safety issue as well as the other concerns from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Al Alsaleh

Reviewed 6 February 2021

I stayed 1/31/21-2/2/21 due to my flight to NJ being canceled at last minute. I needed a place to stay fast and was grateful they had availability. They are centrally located in the Brandon area.

I had a King room. The room is a great size. It provided a sitting area, a small area with a kitchen sink, microwave, 4 cup coffee-maker and mini-fridge. The bathroom is huge. It had a tub, a separate shower with door, toilet behind closed door and the sink/vanity area big enough for two people. The room was very clean and comfortable.

They do serve an adequate hot breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs & sausage served by a breakfast attendant along with a choice of croissant, fresh fruit, cereal cup, milk, OJ, coffee and tea. The breakfast attendant on duty on Monday, February 1st was simply wonderful. So pleasant and eager to help. I had a boot on my foot due to an injury and they not only brought the plate and drinks to my table but also disposed of the trash for me. I wish I would 've gotten her name but you could tell she loves her job.

It was too cold to use any of the facilities (pool/hot tub). They do have a coin-operated laundry room but oddly enough do not sell and detergent or laundry products in their mini-store which I found odd. But they do sell drinks to include beer & wine, chips/snacks and some frozen/microwavable meal option.

I stayed for two nights and was quite comfortable except for the 3 kids doing relay races down the 3rd floor hall at 10:50pm on Sunday night. (GRRR)

I definitely would stay here again if needed.

Room tip: Room 319 has a palm tree outside the window which was nosey due to the high winds. It is closest to the elevator.
Date of stay: February 2021
AL ALSALEH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Dear Marisol919,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I can assure you that your comments have been shared with our entire Team and have provided all of us with the added incentive to insure that every guest receives the same personal and instinctive service that you received. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you travel to Tampa so that we can reinforce the fact that your satisfaction is our priority.

Best regards,

AL M. ALSALEH

Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

I am a titanium elite member of Marriott and I travel a lot for work. I don’t typically choose Springhill suites as my hotel (tend to prefer Courtyards) but based on its location to where I was working I took a chance. Ultimately I would regret this choice.

Let’s start with the good. My room was very clean save for the strange stain on the sofa. The bed was soft and comfortable, bathroom clean and stocked, fridge kept drinks cold and AC kept room nice and chilled. The staff was friendly and helpful on both occasions speaking with them. Maybe this is why I didn’t raise a fuss and instead I just checked out. The building itself wasn’t in disrepair but definitely showed signs of age.

My first night went off without a problem. Then as the weekend approached the hotel began to fill with what appeared to be a softball team. This is common, not my first rodeo, when you travel for work you get used to these things. However, we are still fighting a pandemic and this is where my problem started. Between unsupervised children running and screaming up and down halls all hours of the day and night, ding dong ditch style games being played on my door and then add on top of that not one adult or child followed the rules about masks in public areas. It’s a simple rule. Wear a mask when in the public areas of the building. The hotel had signs posted to maintain 6’ and wear masks. Even as I checked out there was a group of 15-20 parents and kids in the lobby and not one mask. No 6’ distance and not one word from hotel staff for people to put their mask on. This is a problem for me! I trust in the cleanliness and safety of a solid brand like Marriott to keep me as safe as possible during these times. And this hotel fell short. Way short. I understand people have rights to decide not to wear a mask etc but the business also has a right to impose rules and have them enforced. It was clear this hotel chose flight instead of fight.

So I checked out and have changed hotels. This particular location is, at least for now, on my no go list.

I gave it 3 stars because the staff was friendly and the hotel itself was nice. But the lack of management is why it’s not higher.

Hoping to see a better showing by Marriott at my future locations over the next few weeks.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank rsiebel1981
AL ALSALEH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2020

Dear rsiebel1981,

Providing the highest level of safety is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary safety guidelines are in place and all guests and groups are following the social distancing policy that our hotel implements.

Al Alsaleh
Springhill Suites Tampa Brandon
Al.alsaleh@marriott.com
813-623-9990

Reviewed 27 May 2020

I stayed here for 5 nights while in transition to move during COVID-19. The hotel staff is absolutley amazing. Everyone from the night auditor who checked me in to the morning staff was very helpfu and friendly. They were not offering the full buffet breakfast, but they did offer a small breakfast box. Coffee was freshly brewed each morning. The hotel is located not to far from the Brandon Mall (which was closed due to COVID-19) and plenty of drive through resturants in the area. I would definetly reccommend if your looking for a quiet, comfortable, and clean room to stay.

Room tip: The room I stayed in also had a nice pool view. See if they are available
Date of stay: May 2020
2  Thank Keyaria C
Reviewed 3 March 2020

We became Springhill Suites fans after staying at a new hotel in New Smyrna Beach, so this stay at what appears to be an older version set us up: would it be as nice? The answer: yes. In many ways we like it better than the new design, in other ways we can see the aging around the eyes. But in both ways we again experienced an excellent stay and would happily return.

In town for a weekend getaway, and from Chicago, lovers of Portillo’s, we chose this hotel based on being close to Portillo’s and an easy drive to Tampa Zoo Lowery Park. It gave us both. For the Portillo’s part, we love the food and don’t get any real Chicago food near us, so it’s a fun getaway to be near. The zoo is a great part of a weekend in Tampa. And our second day we had a few options: Ybor City is close and the beach not too far. We ended up taking the drive north to Tarpon Springs, and again, it was an easy trip.

We don’t spend much time in Tampa so we had to go by what we learned online. This hotel is in a busy, suburban area, lots of traffic Friday evening as we got in, but nothing out of the ordinary for such convenience to the highway, mall area, and many restaurant choices.

The hotel itself appears older, but not. Meaning you can tell around the edges this isn’t a spring chicken Springhill, but it was clean and everything within the rooms in perfect working order. In fact the place was so clean I was getting a headache crossing the lobby from the smell of cleaning supplies - they’d obviously recently finished cleaning and I have a very sensitive nose for such things.

Our suite was excellent. Slightly different layout than we are used to: there is a sitting area and bedroom space, but it was far more square than rectangle. We actually like this version better in most ways. This version offers two TVs; one for each space. And you feel a little more in each space rather than a blending. Overall it is the same and both work wonderfully for work or play.

The bathroom was excellent. All in one space (we have had toilet separate from shower, which was ok) and very large. No idea if this is the layout of other rooms, but this one was perfect. A family of four (which we both grew up in) could easily all be in the bathroom at once doing 4 different things and have room. There is a tub, separate shower, separate toilet room, sink, and just the space between...

AND NO OPAQUE BATHROOM DOOR! This alone is worth the visit! We do love Springhill and it’s always our first check in a location now, but we HATE the opaque bathroom doors. It makes for a bright room when it’s dark out and someone is trying to sleep! We’ve learned to bring our own nightlight so someone does not have to turn on the light overnight to see - they are caverness bathrooms and a light is needed to not get hurt. But with the door... always too much. So we had our nightlight, but didn’t need it. We used the shower stall light and it glowed in the room just enough, plus with the bathroom real door closed it was perfect.

The staff was excellent. Not much interaction with them this time, but pleased with what we did have,.

The only tick in the CONS box was our room was set behind the elevators. It wasn’t horrible, but yes, you could hear them going up and down at night. We have a noise machine that did cover it for us. I recommend one always travels with one as we do - it’s a sleep saver!

Overall we are again very pleased with our Springhill Suites stay and again would return happily.

Room tip: Travel with sound machine to avoid extra sound such as next to elevator
Date of stay: February 2020