“Food 5 star, service 2”
Review of Masa

Masa
Reserve with OpenTable
Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 872 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I would love to give this restaurant a 5 star rating. This is my second time visiting this establishment and the food, from the rolls to the entrees, is excellent. The service, and my daughter who has dined at least 3 times at Masa agrees, is glacially slow.

We arrived at 5:00 p.m. on a Thursday night. The restaurant was about 25% full. The waiter took our order for appetizers. About 20 min later he returned to take our order for entrees. 45 min after we ordered the appetizers, they finally delivered them to our table.

During this time, no one refilled our water glasses. After the waiter took our order, he disappeared. Finally, a lady (the manager?) appeared with our food.

They forgot my husband’s Tom Yum, but the lady went back to the kitchen and five min later it was delivered to our table.

We will return to this restaurant again because we LOVE the food. Please work on the service end.

1  Thank SondraTexas

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have tried Masa twice now. The first time I went with my family, the second time I went with a group of friends. Both times I was highly disappointed with the service. The first time all of the entrees that were suppose to be served hot were cold. Once we returned them and came back out, they were still only look-warm. The appetizers came out quickly but then we waited almost 45 minutes for the entrees. The second time I came, the appetizers took 20 minutes to come out (which was pathetic since we only ordered edamame). The entrees took forever to come out as well. We were all starving and aggravated that no one even bothered to explain why it was taking so long. Our server seems to disappear only fill our water twice. After we got our entrees (all got sushi), we were still starving and even more upset that we had to pay $30 each to still feel hungry. I'm not sure I would try this place a third time. The rolls were great. My tuna I got the time before was delicious. But unless they can provide better service, I will take my money elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Always consistent. Go for luncheon - and, enjoy the $10.00 special menu. Amazing! Generous servings always.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Nice asian fusion restaurant for FSU visitors. Fully recomended. Try the Baos. Japanese beers. Excellent Miso Soup. Just superb!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Our party consisted of 12. Called ahead for reservations. Showed up and seated within minutes. We were seated in a private area. Service was quick and friendly. Great appetizers. Main course brought at the same time. All 12 were served at the same time. Wait checked in on us frequently. Food was excellent. My only complaint was the noise level. The enclosure we were in did not go all the way to the ceiling. Restaurant was crowded generating a lot of noise. The saving grace was the solid wall behind me allowed me to hear most of my groups conversation. Individual billing done without protest. Great food and an overall good dinner experience. I would return if in the area.