“Great tour and guide”

Tallahassee Segway Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Tallahassee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tallahassee Segway Tours offers guided tours of Tallahassee areas attractions on the newest model Segway I2 se Personal Transporter. Tour highlights include the Florida State Capital Complex, the up and coming artsy district at All Saints/Gaines St/Railroad Square, the campuses of Florida State University (including Doak Campbell Stadium) and Florida A & M University as well as a vast number of historic and scenic places of interest. The Segway I2 se Personal Transporter is a self-balancing, innovative green technology which invigorates your desire to explore. Explore Tallahassee as many natives have never seen, there's so much to see! And gliding on the Segway PT, the beautiful moss-draped hills of Tallahassee are a breeze to travel. For those who prefer to sit or would like to bring a child along, Tallahassee Segway Tours also offers tours on a two-seat, three-wheel scooter so the whole family can adventure together. New tour routes are added regularly and custom tours are always available. New to Tallahassee, dropping off a child a college? See our campuses as your student will see them, traveling the same paths they will walk to classes, their dorm room, the student union and more. Have a special event or special interest, contact us about scheduling a custom tour! Exploring has never been so easy! See it on a Segway!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was lucky enough to be the only person who signed up for a tour and Tallahassee Segway Tours sent me an e-mail asking if I was comfortable with that or if I'd like to reschedule. I was OK with it and so I got a wonderful solo tour with Burt as my guide.

Burt patiently helped me learn to ride and control the Segway before we hit the streets and made sure I was comfortable and safe throughout our two hour tour. We covered the whole downtown area and Burt, who is a long time local, described the history and background for everything we saw, answered all my questions and was happy to stop where I wanted and take photos for me.

It was my first Segway tour and a great experience.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"nettles"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We took this tour on our first visit to Tallahassee. Our guide, Tim, was very gracious and very knowledgeable on the city and FSU. He is a lifelong resident and his residential pride came through.

We highly recommend this experience.

Tim N, Owner at Tallahassee Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks!!! I enjoyed our visit and getting to know a little about your family. Thanks for touring with us!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband and I took the Tallahassee tour last week as part of a three day visit to get to know the city This tour took us places we wouldn't have gone and told us things we wouldn't have known It was a blast and I would highly recommend it !

Thanks for touring with us! Really appreciate the great review!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

my two teenage daughters and i did this during xmas break and we were not disappointed! we had never ridden segways before but tim did a great (and patient) job of teaching us. we got the hang of it quickly and it was incredibly fun. :)

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words and that you took the time to write! Glad you had a good time. Safe travels!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We took our tour the Sunday before Thanksgiving. This was my husband’s and my third tour with Tallahassee Segway Tours, and each one has gotten better and better. My sister-in-law and niece had done one with us several years ago, but our nephew wasn’t able to go along on that one. They’d been raving about it since then, so this time he joined us, along with the exchange student staying with their family. We took the Sunday morning tour, and our guide, Tim Nettles, was great. He has added a lot of fascinating history along the course of the tour and the addition of the walkie-talkie radios on our Segways meant we were able to hear all of his interesting commentary better than ever.

We traveled by the FAMU campus, then down Gaines Street to the stadium, then across the center of the FSU campus past a number of FSU landmarks, and stopped for a treat/beverage at The Sweet Shop, a local landmark malt shop hangout at the edge of the FSU campus. We then continued around and past the Capitol building and several war memorials nearby and through Cascades Park, before ending our tour. It was a great way to cover a lot of ground, see a lot of important landmarks, and learn about Tallahassee history in a relatively short period of time. It’s a wonderful tour for visitors, but, even if you are a local, you will definitely notice and learn new things about your city, enjoy a new way of exploring, and have a fun time riding the Segway.

As always, learning to ride the Segway (or remembering how to ride it) was amazingly easy. Tim did a good job of giving everyone an adequate chance to practice inside the Tallahassee Segway Tours shop, then get used to riding outside before we took off on the tour. It really only takes about 5-10 minutes of practice to get the hang of it, as the Segway controls respond to directional body movements that are almost as intuitive as walking. The Segways are easy to control, maneuver, and stop quickly when needed. Nonetheless, riders wear a protective bike helmet in case of a rare fall, and the guides do a great job of watching out for traffic and pointing out potential hazards along the route (posts in the middle of a walkway, narrow passageways, Segway wheels getting too close to other Segway wheels, etc.).

Segways are considered personal mobility devices, so they are allowed to drive on the street and all public walkways and paths. Riders 14 years or older are allowed to ride the Segways, but the Tallahassee Segway Tours has a scooter that can go to all the same places, which allows them to take younger riders along on the same tour with the Segway riders, if needed. You should wear weather-appropriate clothing (cold weather gear if it’s cold, raingear if it’s wet, sunglasses and sunscreen if it’s sunny, etc.). Riding on a Segway, like riding on a bike, generates a bit of a breeze, so dress more warmly than you might if just walking, unless it’s hot out. Segways can travel on wet pavement, so you can still opt to go on a tour if it’s not raining too hard. Comfortable shoes and clothing are a MUST. Your calves may get a little tired after riding a while, but the stop for refreshments usually comes about the perfect time in the tour to rest, then continue on.

Tallahassee Segway Tours offers a shorter and longer standard tour around some or all of the downtown/Cascades Park/capital/FSU area at pre-scheduled times, but I am told they are flexible and can schedule additional tour times or locations on request. The tour guides are also very flexible and will let you deviate a bit from the route to explore something interesting, or slow down for a bit to just ‘play’ with riding around on your Segway or take photos or whatever. For the amount of time you get to spend on the Segway, the amount of ground you cover, and the information and experience you get, both standard tours seem very reasonably priced. Gift certificates are available if you want to purchase this experience for someone else.

I highly recommend trying one of the Tallahassee Segway tours. The exchange student who went with us said it was his favorite thing he did in Tallahassee. I live here, and It’s one of the most fun things I’ve done here, too!

1  Thank Sandra W
Tim N, Owner at Tallahassee Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write! I always have a great time Segwaying around town with you and your guests! Your kind words are much appreciated!