“Super Fresh and Scrumptious!!”
Review of Backwoods Crossing

Backwoods Crossing
Ranked #2 of 886 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were in town visiting for the birth of our new niece and I decided to search for something to eat. Backwoods Crossing came up and we went as my brother and sister said Backwoods Bistro was really good. I had some zucchini noodle something or another with shrimp and I must say, it was AMAZING!!! My wife and daughter had the buffalo chicken which was also very good and fresh. Finally my young son had the chicken tenders, I often finish his meal and the tenders were super fresh, light, and very well made. Highly recommended!!!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Tallahassee has grown up!,This is the best meal I’ve had in Tally since I moved away over 40 years ago. But I always love to visit
The restaurant is kind of loud, but it was Friday evening and people are out.
Really good bar, some nice takes on cocktails. Limited but adequate wine list.
Our server, Jay, was very knowledgeable and helpful. Good vegetarian options for my daughter and she loved it. Everything is fresh and local, to the point of being grown on the property. I had veal parmigiana which was, thankfully, NOT what is served at typical Italian restaurants (and I always enjoy). My other daughter had red fish, my wife had crab cake stack. Plenty of food, everything so fresh and delicious. Save room for dessert; also made in house and excellent. We shared bread pudding ( not New Orleans, but what is? But still tasty) and caramel salted cream brûlée. Excellent.
Great job, great restaurant. Busy for a reason. Might have to go back tonight.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and great service. My husband and I sat outside near the garden. The wait staff and the food was amazing.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent. Service needs some practice but was fine. Wine list is priced right but small and can use some help.
But the food did put score the rest so I can for sure say I will be back.... prices were very fair as well since I am used to paying much more. I don't know the areas cost of living so. I leave it at that. But do try it. It's worth the stop

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This was the freshest food and most creative recipes using vegetables you don’t often get at restaurants. Everything is cooked when ordered. Afterward, we had the best time going through the vegetable and herb garden in front and back behind the restaurant. Just like being on a farm!