“inconsistent food quality”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: District Table and Bar is a seasonally driven restaurant that has a changing menu based upon the availability of products of local farmers and fishermen. District has opened its doors to their customers on April 18th, 2013.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

first time for my birthday as my husband was not interested since he likes what he knows. Went with friends and it was fantastic - had the conch, great balls pizza, grouper, cheeseburger, tuna- family style
2nd time Weekday we live down the street thought we'd go for a nice dinner just my husband and I (yes, he really liked it last time) Burger was RAW and the waitress didn't even apologized or take it off the bill. No we didn't ask but it was obvious when you looked at it
So not sure he'll give it anouther chance- very noisy

1  Thank Michi P

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

They need to do something about the acoustics. Food is okay but not so special.. old restaurant was better I think. Just my opinion. I did try the new one twice so not really a fluke. What do you think?

1  Thank Caroney
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Sixth time here and still a less than stellar experience. We were 2 couples sitting at the bar, waited quite a while for service, bar was dirty, asked for it to be wiped before ordering and we received a “courtesy wipe” with a dry cloth. Ordered drinks and no one ever did ask if we would like a food menu. The 3 folks behind the bar looked as though they were totally frazzled and not in synch with each other, making for a totally confusing experience. It was busy but not overly so. Never did eat, just had the one drink and passed on the rest.

1  Thank Olivan12
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Stuart has been in need of a restaurant like this for quite some time. We visited the District last night (Friday; 4 adults, 2 small children) and had a fantastic meal. The peach salad was amazing, as was the pizza and rosemary olive bread. Most of us had burgers which came with delicious fries and a chocolate milkshake (huge hit with the kids!), and two had the fried chicken - everything was excellent! Staff was extremely friendly, service was great, we had 5:30pm reservations and by 6:30pm the restaurant was almost full (and a bit loud, but would still recommend for groups/families/couples).

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Dined solo at District Table this evening. It was early (5:30 PM), so the restaurant was not really busy, but the bar was jamming. I ordered the Yellow Edge Grouper, which was delicious. There was no bread brought to the table, nor was there any rice or other starch on the plate. The vegetable was a small amount of corn and a few pea tendrils (I think) on top of the fish. The fish and sauce were well-prepared and beautifully presented, as was the corn. If you are going to eat here, don't come with a large appetite. Portions are on the small side, but taste excellent. The restaurant itself is lovely, and gets very busy later in the evening. Service is pleasant and professional. I would definitely return.

Been to District Table and Bar? Share your experiences!