“Birthday celebration”

Tue, 04/13
20:00
Ranked #7 of 96 Restaurants in South Miami
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with great outdoor seating. Covid precautions in place. Wilson our waiter was amazing making our visit very pleasant . Best fried green tomatoes!
Shrimp and grits delicious, could have been warmer. I would return.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

I had better the yellowtail snapper was over cooked not the best service a 30 min wait min food bland

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Dee22321205
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

Root & Bone is a standout restaurant in Miami. They offer quaint indoor and outdoor seating shared with their sister restaurant Mi'italia. The menu is a twist on southern classics and each item is thoughtfully prepared. We tried the biscuits, cracklings, pimento cheese, ribs, chicken breast, and carrot cake. Everything was so delightful we kept eating past full. The service was just as comforting as the meal and we were grateful to have Stacy steering us on our journey. Although she was busy, she always greeted us with a smile that shined through her mask. The music was appropriate for the atmosphere and the decor was modern and clean. Root & Bone would be an ideal restaurant for a date night and is sure to impress.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

This evenings take-out experience fulfilled a Trifecta of Disappointments: (1) a HORRIBLE experience trying to order take-out (2) an experience at the restaurant that certainly did NOT make me feel safe during a serious pandemic, and finally (3) DISAPPOINTING FOOD:
(1) On a Saturday night, I spent more than
30 minutes attempting to call Root & Bone to order take-out food. Voicemail only. On-line ordering (their website) also did not function.
I reached their NYC desk whereby they said they would email my order to Miami ... their email arrived when I did (having given-up trying to phone in my order)
(2) Walking thru the restaurant to go order food, I encountered at least 3 restaurant staff, and
3-4 patrons who were NOT WEARING MASKS!
There is a serious pandemic. Everyone should try to be safe/keep safe; this was NOT doing everything to be safe!
(3) Finally, the food: (a) biscuits ($4.00 per biscuit), (b) fried chicken ($36.00 per one whole fried chicken). My experience: (a) the biscuits were flat, heavy, & greasy w/ what seemed like a “bacon flavor” ... “light & fluffy”would be vastly better; I’ve had Root & Bone’s biscuits before - this seemed like a new recipe which I would not order again (b) sadly, the made-to-order brined fried chicken (quite good on prior visits) was packed in a cafeteria-like styrofoam container along with small containers of orange colored “hot sauce” all of which was spilled-open upon the less than 10 minute car ride home ... thus we were stuck w/ fried chicken drowning in a puddle of unpalatable hot sauce. Yuck! I wiped-down the chicken parts and tried to re-crisp them at home in our oven.
Honestly, from a horrid food ordering experience, to the restaurant environs which seemed much less than “fully safe” during this coronavirus pandemic, to the coup-de-grace of premium priced fried chicken which ended-up being unpalatably soaked in restaurant hot sauce ... it’s an understatement to say that we were TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!!

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank byMT305
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

The cocktails are fantastic and the food was very good. The only negative point is the noise. Everything else is great!!!

Date of visit: November 2020