“Very nice people - but they were closing for the day :(”

Gimburlombini // The Gimmer Lambs
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Nolsoy
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Description: We are located in the house that the locals call Pakkhúsid hjá Petersen. While enjoying a cup of coffee or having lunch, you can admire the excellent view of both the high island and the creek where shag, eider, and black guillemot frisk about in the sea. You may even be lucky, very lucky, and spot a seal. During the summer (1. maj untill 31. august) we are open every day from 10 - 17.
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I went to Visit Nolsoy Café on 21 June, primarily because the Visit Nolsoy website was a joy to read and convinced me to visit the island (it's quite funny). Unfortunately the afternoon ferry gets you to Nolsoy just in time for the café to close, which the nice ladies sadly informed me of as soon as I arrived. No matter, a couple of pints at Maggie's hit the spot as did a pleasant walk on this beautiful island - but the ladies at Visit Nolsoy Café were so nice that I hope to return someday. The place looks quite hygge and has a nice looking menu, so I give 5 stars in hopes someone reading this will catch an earlier ferry and stop by. Next time!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Everything you wish to find on a rainy day in Nolsoy is here: Great coffee, home made food, a book or two about faroese nature. Friendly staff and locals.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

It's been a foggy and rainy day when I arrived in this lovely cafe that feels like someone's living room (and actually, it kind of is...). I was soaking wet after a hike to the famous lighthouse on the island, so waiting in a dry and warm place for the ferry to bring me back to Torshavn, was urgently needed.
When I came in, a father was reading from a children's book to his daughter and an elderly lady was sipping tea, while a female tourist was scanning a map. I first just ordered a cup of earl grey tea (which they freshly fill into a small teabag), but then decided to get some food as well. And they had this delicious potato and fish dish wrapped up in baking foil which they put into the oven first and was then served with a little bowl of grainy salt, sour cream with a touch of lemon and nice special bread with salted butter. Loved it! And I'm not going to complain about prices as we are on the Faroe Islands and not in Berlin...
Staff was very friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend this place for anyone coming to this little island.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Fish Soup Fish Soup Fish Soup!!!!!
This dish has got to be on your must try list when you visit this place. After a tiring trek to the top of Nolsoy's mountain, you might not be in the mood to have a soup but I insist tat you make up your mind and go ahead and try it. Terji, the owner of the cafe is also a very sweet person to talk to. He made us feel so comfortable and told us some Faroese Tales.

Enjoy!! You will definitely have a great time here.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This was a great place for lunch and would go here for the fresh fish again.
the food was simple and excellent, proving if you have fresh ingredients then you don't need complicated preparation. Nice atmosphere and very comfortable to sit and have lunch with the family and friends.