“Savory”

The Rosemary
Ranked #21 of 1 153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Wednesday evening and wanted to meet Mr Armstrong personally because I phoned him several weeks ago to report that we were not listed on their schedule for dinner. He apologized and gave us a Gift Certificate, which I was not seeking. I had phoned them on a Thursday for the following Tuesday for 6pm. So we went last night and Sarah our server was great. We enjoyed a fantastic meal , appetizer of Savannah Shrimp and Grits, yum. Main course for me was a generous 8oz Filet, my wife, Shrimp and Scallops. Dessert for her was an Apple pie, a bit larger than a Tort, and for me Ice Cream with assorted berries . All in all it was a great experience and highly recommended. The Savor Sarasota deal runs through the end of July. I think we will revisit.

George A, Owner at The Rosemary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, golf076! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal at The Rosemary! It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited for the Savor Sarasota Menu. This restaurant always has more options than most others and will even substitute a few items. Even nicer they will continue this thru the summer. We had the steak; scallops & duck all were prepared perfect and delicious. Plating was very nice. Excellent service with a seasoned waiter. This restaurant also serves lunch and breakfast with excellent offerings on those menus also. Don't miss a chance to visit.

2  Thank d b
George A, Owner at The Rosemary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback, d b! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. It was pleasure serving you, and thank you for choosing The Rosemary!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Rosemary Savory Sarasota lunch. Great choices. My wife and I started with a fish chowder that was excellent. My wife had a Greek Said with 3 small lamb chops. I had a Lobster Roll with fries. We both had Apple Pie for desert, very large with ice cream. We only had water to drink. Total bill $32, $16 each. Atmosphere, service and food were excellent.

I've heard many good things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint. They are adding another location, 50 yards up the road that will seat 176 for dinner. Breakfast and lunch will continue being served at the current location.

George A, Owner at The Rosemary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback, Gary D! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal. It was a pleasure serving you, and thank you for choosing The Rosemary!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a recent resident of the area, we Went here for First time during Savor Sarasota month.. wonderful selections to choose from.. 3 courses.. all exceeded our expectation s.. waitstaff very helpful in placing both our drink n dinner choices.. only beer n wine.. but enough to satisfy our needs... GEORGE, the proprietor, was helping to deliver meals along with his staff.. introduced ourselves to him... light conversation and a few laughs as we commented on how pleased we were with restaurant .. been there 30+ years. Most customers were locals. not a tourist destination.make reservations early as this is a popular place with seating for @60 or 70 ...Will surely return..

George A, Owner at The Rosemary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Susan and Ron! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. It was a pleasure serving you, and we hope we can be of service again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to The Rosemary for lunch this afternoon for the Savor Sarasota Menu. They have an excellent lineup of choices. Both my wife and I had the grouper sandwich after the fish soup. Both were excellent. My wife had fries with hers, and I had s salad with blue cheese dressing with mine. I had the apple pie desert which comes with whipped cream and ice cream. The pie was warm. My wife had the flourless chocolate mousse. That was the only thing she did not have about. Been was our server and did a fantastic job of seeing we we're well taken care of. Worth your time to go here, but suggest you call for reservations. They do a good business.

George A, Owner at The Rosemary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback, dwbfl0515! We are happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your lunch. It was a pleasure serving you, and we hope we can be of service again soon!