“Good food, but not a smile on any server”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 1 165 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stickney Point Road
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Sarasota, Florida!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I like the Savor Sarasota specials, and the Ruth's Chris one offered a 3 course filet mignon dinner at $32, such a bargain. On a Sunday evening, the restaurant was subdued, and I liked having my car valeted. The front desk staff seated us promptly, but without any warmth or smiles. I contrast this with the Capital Grille staff, who hold doors, smile broadly, and make you feel welcomed. Our table server was efficient and knowledgeable, but no more gracious than the front house personnel. The food, thank goodness, was good. If Ruth's Chris doesn't want the Savor Sarasota diner, they should not take part in the campaign. Unlike my experience at the Capital Grille, where I made another reservation on my way out the door, I would NOT return to Ruth's Chris, so they did not convert a newcomer into a client. With food as good as theirs, that's a shame.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The cost of having dinner there is quite costly and over my budget but their happy hour is amazing. Get there early

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My wife and I went there for Father's Day. As expected they were very busy and this initially effected the service. However, the food was excellent. We had the Savor Sarasota menu and the steaks were excellent. This is a great value. The service at first was slow but when it was brought to their attention, it was immediately corrected. This is one of my favorite places in Sarasota and we will go back again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We were with a group of seven women celebrating a bride-to-be. We had a very late reservation and expected to be rushed. I've never in my life received such personalized and genuine service. The meal was delicious, the pace was perfect, and the ambiance was beautiful. Our server, Ryan, was knowledgable and engaging. He ensured we had a lovely dining experience from beginning to end. The manager, Rich, and busboy, Nick, also helped make our night memorable. Pleasing 7 women isn't an easy task but we were all thrilled with how the evening turned out. Thank you for the memorable night.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We have visited Ruth's Chris Steak House before, so we knew we were in for a treat. The steaks generally are very good and well prepared. I prefer my meat cooked medium rare, and it always comes out nice. However, my daughter likes her steaks cooked medium. When our dishes arrived, my fillet was perfect, but hers was under-cooked. The waiter took it back, but when he returned it it was still too rare...
However, she found a solution. Because the plate was super hot, she was using it to cook the meat by cutting off thin slices and placing them flat on the plate.
We also enjoyed a side of potatoes au gratin and mushrooms.
Very good dinner.