“A delicious change of pace”

The Pecking Order Fried Chicken & Catering
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Description: We proudly serve old-fashioned, signature fried chicken and all the soul-food fixins. We cater comfort food!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We opted for a change of pace one evening of our recent vacation and chose a fried chicken dinner. We were going to take it back to our condo, but the counter outside called us and decided to just eat there. The chicken was excellent, crispy and tender. For sides, we tried the mac and cheese, fried okra and harlem special. The okra and mac and cheese were average, nothing outstanding, nothing horrible. My husband thought the flavors of the harlem special didn’t go well together. We will be back on our next vacation and I’ll go for the chicken next time, lots of chicken…..

1  Thank jen829

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is good, no-frills, fried chicken. I highly recommend the black beans and rice, though, as that was my favorite part of my meal. Soooo delicious and smoky and flavorful. Chicken was tender and not dry at all. It’s worth stopping here for a bite to eat. Just be prepared for take-out because there is no indoor seating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We lived Upstate NY where we have "Hattie's" that beat Bobby Flay one of the best around and this rivals it sorry to say. The Chicken was so juicy and moist on the inside and the crunch on the outside ! We were driving to Captiva after getting our rental car and looking for something quick so we could get checked in. This was an amazing find!!! In a little strip mall at a light. All the sides were just as good , potatoes, corn bread, biscuits and Mac and cheese. Four of us had so much food we took it to the condo and had lunch another day and it was still really good !!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This has got to be the best fried chicken I’ve eaten (don’t tell my wife). My wife and I have eaten here several times and each time the food was fabulous. Not only is the chicken top shelf but the sides are just as delicious. DO NOT pass on the corn bread it’s a treat you will not forget soon. The staff are the most delightful and engaging folks you’ll meet on the island. Don’t leave the island without stopping by this small eatery it will be one of the best stops you’ll make. Bon Appetit.

Thank Jeffrey & Eugen... W
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a week in Sanibel in June 2018. Fried chicken done right! Very tasty, tender, and juicy. The biscuits are what you would expect down south even though the owners aren’t southern. We did carry out so after the 10 minute drive home some of the fried sides weren’t as good as they probably are. Would recommend diving into the sides immediately. The pecking order is mainly a carry out that has limited seating. Definitely on the list when we go back.