“Our Favorite Restaurant on Sanibel Island!”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: George & Wendy Schnapp both moved to Sanibel Island in 2002, George from Buffalo and Wendy from Chicagoland. They met on the island, fell in love and married in 2007. George has been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. Together they opened George & Wendy's Seafood Grille in 2011 to provide a place where locals and visitors could come and enjoy good food, drinks and entertainment. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week offering an extensive menu sure to please any palate. The Chef and General Manager work together with their team to provide a welcoming dining experience for all. George and Wendy's Seafood Grille offers one of largest Hand-Crafted Cocktail menus on the islands, 20 beers on tap, an extensive wine list and a full liquor bar. Entertainment is provided most weekday evenings and weekends. Kid meals are served on a souvenir Frisbee to enjoy. T-Shirts, hats and local artwork are also available for purchase. We are open late for dinner and offer a late night dining menu as well. It's fun for the whole family.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Our family (my husband, three kids now ages 15,18 and 21, and me) LOVE George and Wendy’s. We’ve been coming here for many years, and the food never disappoints. Reasonably priced, there’s something for everyone. The kids are fairly predictable—they claim the pepperoni flatbread is the best on the island. I like seafood on vacation, so I’ve enjoyed shrimp tacos and quesadilla, crab cake sandwiches, grouper and more. And my husband loves Mom’s Chicken salad sandwich. For dessert, our big debate is over how many “Fifty Shades of Chocolate” to get—if you’re a chocolate lover, do not pass this one up! Moist chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate mousse-type frosting and whipped cream...incredible! Live music in the evenings, local artist creations on the walls, and just a cool and mellow atmosphere—we’ve been there twice this week and look forward to our next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 357)

36 - 40 of 2 357 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My friends and I (9) of us had dinner there last night and all of our meals were excellent!
I have eaten at practically all the restaurants on Ssnibel and this one is the best! Our filet mignons were grilled to perfection! Loved the salad dressing! The service was great! We will definitely be back to G&Ws!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The Clam Chowd-ah cup was incredible - made me rethink getting a bowl and calling it dinner, but I really needed something green. So I got the “Have-it-your-way” Scallops, blackened, with black beans and saffron rice with, yes, green beans. So, so good. Portion size? Had to get a box. Of course this was after the Basil, Pine nut, Parmesan and Olive Oil dredge for the Sourdough bread.

We’ve only been to G&W a few times but no disappointments that I can remember.

You should give them a try. And it’s Chowd-ah not chowder.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The food and service was very good. They are open fairly late for Sanibel, so if you want to catch the sunset and eat afterwards, they are open until 10pm. The prices are in line with the other Sanibel restaurants. I will go back.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

From the bread to the appetizers and meal, this was by far the best dinner we had on the islands. We had the Lobster Napolean and the sauce was awesome, Lobster was sweet and delicious. We all got pasta meals. Toddler had the spaghetti marinara and the sauce/meatballs was delicious. Husband and I got the Cajun chicken pasta and the Lobster fetticinni alfredo with blackened shrimp. We traveled to Italy in March. This place beat every meal we had in Italy. This is a MUST DO when you're staying in Sanibel/Captiva. Great friendly service and incredible food. Even beat the meal we had at the Mad Hatter.