All reviewscontinental breakfastfree bikesevery morninggranola barschairs and umbrellascleaning staffyogurtgarden viewpaddle boardsbeds were very comfortablecream cheesekitchen areatennis courtssmall kitchenwest gulf drivelarge poolfull kitchen
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This hotel is awesome. Spa rooms with small kitchen and a few steps from the beach. The front desk people are so helpful they gave us flashlights and a 5 a.m. wake up call so we could be on the beach early enough to get good shells. We always stay here when on Sanibel.

Stayed: November 2017
Bill W, General Manager at Sunset Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Jan,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I'll be sure to pass your very nice compliments on to our team; I'm glad they were able to ensure you had an awesome shelling experience.

Thank you for your loyalty, we always appreciate the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Had to leave a day early due to our 11 month old son getting a bad sunburn.
We booked thru Travelocity and when we returned home contacted them to see if we could get a refund on the 1 night we didn't use and they said they would have to contact Sunset Beach and confirm with them that we left early and then they would refund us the 1 night but when they called and spoke with someone named James he said it wasn't their problem and hung up, so therefore no refund for us.
Now about the inn itself. The room was terrible, the carpet was dirty,
the bathroom moldy and the a/c very noisy.
There are so many nice places on Sanibel to chose from so stay away from this run down over priced place.
Another thing we didn't like was for a place that has over 50 rooms they only have about 10 sun umbrella's and 20 chairs on the beach, most quests were never was able to get any.
This place needs to be updated because right now it's so run down it's not worth staying there even at $50 a night.

Room Tip: stay at a nicer place.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Bill W, General Manager at Sunset Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Andrew,

I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience at Sunset Beach Inn.

As I'm sure you can see from our other reviews, we pride ourselves in making sure our guests have a great vacation with us, that our staff takes great care of our guests, and in working hard to keep our facilities clean and in top condition. It's clear that the incident involving Travelocity and our front desk associate marred your impressions of the Inn and for that I am also very sorry.

We sincerely hope your son is feeling better. I hope you brought the issues you mentioned to our staff's attention during your short visit but if you did not the opportunity to do so due to your son's condition, I hope I can discuss this with you, and see how we may try to regain your trust in us for a future visit. Please contact me directly (email or phone as noted below) at your earliest convenience.

Again, I'm very sorry that we let you down and look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.

The Inns of Sanibel
239-472-3181

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Been here a couple times now with my wife and sometimes with the kids. Great place for the money. Free bikes and kayaks. Called ahead to arrange some roses in our room for my 25th wedding anniversary - no problem thanks to James! Would come back - and WILL come back. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Bill W, General Manager at Sunset Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Fred,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest once again and appreciate your taking the time to share such a nice review. I'm glad the resort has continued to exceed your expectations and provide a great vacation value for you and your family over many visits.

I will pass your compliments on to James and join him in congratulating you on your 25th anniversary!

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great lazy day type of get away. Free bikes. Kayaks beach chairs umbrellas. Great pool. Friendly staff. Most have full kitchen. Screened in porch all facing pool and gulf. There are free gas grills to use tennis courts and they provide breakfast baskets with muffins milk coffee bagels yogurt .

Laundry room at facility and free Wi-Fi

Great for Friends couples etc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much to taking the time to share your great impressions of Sunset Beach Inn with other travelers. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and found so much to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We had 17 in our party. The location was perfect for our family. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed the bikes, paddleboards and the Kayak. The whole family enjoyed looking for shells and the many great places to eat on the island.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the balcony. All rooms on the top two floors have screened in balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Bill W, General Manager at Sunset Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear h0use0f7,

I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your recent visit to Sunset Beach Inn. It was please to have you all with us and I'm glad the resort and our staff met the needs of your large family gathering.

It looks like you truly the best of Sanibel Island - not only your time at our Inn but also the shelling, incredible local dining and biking throughout the island.

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time so share such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.