“Unexpected surprise”

Sanibel Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We chose to dine at the Sanibel Grill recently while vacationing on Sanibel. We were looking for a more relaxed atmosphere and chose this sports bar. I’ll admit, I didn’t have that high of expectations, as my experience with most sports bars is that they are loud and serve greasy fried foods. Boy was I wrong. Our waitress, Roxanne (I believe), was enthusiastic and on top of refills and had excellent recommendations. My husband started with the oyster flight of several different varieties, which he said was excellent and very fresh. We both ordered a side salad, again fresh ingredients. I opted for the crunchy grouper basket. Wow, very tasty. While fried, it was not greasy in the least, nor were the french fries. My husband opted for the cioppino, which he said was among the best he’s ever had. While that was more than plenty of food for two people, its vacation and we ‘had’ to have dessert. We opted for the bread pudding and were not disappointed. Sanibel Grill will definitely be one of our go-to’s for future vacations.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

If you want to get hammered with one cocktail, sanibel grill is where you want to go. The dolphin punch cocktail was strong to the point of not being able to drink it.The portions are not good at all for the price.Figured that sharing a kitchen with the Timbers, it would be good,but I was horribly wrong. Same clam chowder, great. Same fries, great,what few there were. Fried oysters,great,what there were of them.same for the coleslaw. The bar is evidently not shared. My wife’s Long Island ice tea was also Very Strong and tasted awful.her meal was under sized and over priced as well.lesson learned. Eat at Timbers and save yourself the trouble. James W. Edington 606 627 9323 Lawrenceburg Ky. In fairness the manager took the cocktails off the bill.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve been coming down to Sanibel for years and this is one of our Favorite Haunts!!! The staff remembers us and makes us feel so very Welcome! We usually are here in September, a great time to visit, but we came down in June for my Birthday! The Service is ALWAYS GREAT along with the Food!!! Can’t go wrong on Monday night for Meatloaf Special ( because you WILL need a break from seafood!) then when you’re ready for seafood...Friday night special is Maine Lobster!!! They’re usually open till at least 11:00pm, so if you need a late night bite or night cap...this is you place!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This place has been here for 40 years and there is good reason. It's fun, funky, really good food, nice and casual service. Just a fun place to enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Nothing else was open when I wanted to eat an early dinner, so I ended up here. I am a vegetarian and get really tired of having very little options on menus. Restaurants would get thumbs up from me if they would just throw a veggie burger or a salad with some form of protein on the menu, but a lot of them don't. Anyway, I ended up getting the taco salad which had a few black beans and cheese sprinkled on it. It wasn't bad, but it didn't knock my socks off either. But, if you are not a vegetarian I'm guessing you would find your options less restrictive and would do just fine here.