“Best chicken salad”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Herzlich Willkommen! Christina, Linda and I are delighted to welcome you to Hollerbach's - the place where Gemütlichkeit happens in the Historic District of downtown Sanford, Florida. Linda and I first started thinking of opening our own restaurant in 1981 while we were working together at a German restaurant in Orlando; after two decades of hard work and planning, the Willow Tree dream became reality on August 1, 2001 with just seven employees. Since then, we’ve continually expanded the restaurant, added two new businesses, and grown our staff to over 90 employees. It’s hard to believe we've been here over 16 years! Our top priority has always been and will remain to provide our guests with an authentic, high-quality, memorable experience at our Willow Tree Café German restaurant, Magnolia Square Market true German deli, and Outfitters costume and jewelry shop. We encourage you to enjoy our hospitality, and we welcome you into our family. - Theo
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I'm so in love with their chicken salad sandwich. This place is cute and fun. The menus are on newspaper like material and has tons of facts about the culture. Tons of things to choose from and great food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 194)

46 - 50 of 1 194 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My wife lived in Germany for 3 years so she knows her schnitzel. She always gets the veal as it is so tasty. She was not disappointed. It was excellent. The only reason this review is not a 5 is the potato pancakes. A German restaurant should make these a priority. She said they weren't quite up to standard. I had the Cajun brat and it was excellent as well. I really enjoyed the tangy vinegar hint in the German potato salad. We also had the giant pretzel for an appetizer. It came with a delicious spread and I will also recommend you get some spicy mustard.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Willow Tree for many years and it never fails to disappoint. Awesome authentic food and a great beer selection. The schnitzel is terrific and there are many other traditional items to choose from. Whenever I go downtown I always choose this restaurant over the many dining options in the city!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have been a customer since it first opened years ago. For authentic German food at a it’s best.It continues to get better with time.From lunch to dinner it can’t be beat. Theo, the owner always has time to greet my wife and I.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Where to start; awesome atmosphere, informative menu, great waitstaff, delicious food.

My dining experience was fantastic. Lively crowd when we went, a packed house. Tried a few beers had the wurst sampler, loved it.
I recommend the noodles with gravy and the red cabbage. These two sides complement any meal.

The live entertainment was fun.
I can't wait to go back to Hollerbach's.