Lowest prices for your stay
US$142
View deal
Courtyard
US$142
View deal
Booking.comUS$142
Hotels.com
FindHotelUS$145
All reviews bistro staff front desk grand boulevard golf course would recommend this hotel to anyone excellent stay nice pool very nice hotel the entire staff housekeeping staff lobby destin applebees elevator housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

June 11,2021
Me and my wife visited Sandestin for our Wedding Anniversary.
We checked in to the Courtyard on Grand Blvd. The chiller/fridge did not work, it was hot inside. I called front desk they had maintenance to bring a new fridge, which was great. After we went to sleep, I hear a loud noise, around 3:00AM, after I get up i realize it was the A/C making a loud squealing noise. So I turned off the A/C for a few minutes, after turning it back on because the room got warm the noise started again. I went down stairs around 8:00AM to talk to front desk about situation. I asked for manger and was told the manager would not be in until 10:00AM, but maintenance would be up to take care of the problem. After we returned from breakfast around 11 AM, no one had come to look at the AC. Around 1:45 PM, I asked for the manger again and was told she was in a meeting. About 30 minutes later I talked to the manger, Christy, she said she’ll send someone up. At 4:00 PM no one had come to room to check the A/C. This is ridiculous when the temperature outside is near 90 degrees.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ronald D
Melissa Oropesa, Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Hi Ronald D, we are so sorry to hear about your experience at our property. We take pride in addressing any unexpected maintenance issues in a timely fashion and are taking steps to investigate what happened to you immediately. Thank you for letting us know - our guest feedback is our greatest tool to improve our property.

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

The hotel was pretty and nice and rooms were great. The pool was small but got sunlight morning/afternoon. There was a hot tub and separate children’s pool. They provided towels. There were very little amenities and the coffee shop closes in the middle of the day. I needed orange juice and couldn’t get any and wasn’t provided any assistance from the staff. There are restaurants and stores close, but not walking distance. Wasn’t the best place to stay without a car. The beach would be a drive, definitely can’t walk.

Room tip: The elevator was very slow.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Melissa Oropesa, Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Kapricca, we apologize for falling short of your expectations. We will be sharing your feedback with our staff to improve our communication practices - while our Bistro is only open for Breakfast and Dinner, we do have a 24 hour market in the lobby where guests can purchase drinks and snacks all day. I am sorry that our team was not able to direct you to that amenity. Our location on Grand Boulevard puts our property within 1/4 mile to great shopping and dining options and only a short 5 minute drive from the nearest beach access. We hope you had a great time in Sandestin and that you will come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member. I recently switched to Marriott from Hilton (Where I am a Diamond member). I have already stayed with you all 31 nights this year while transitioning over. I recently had a stay at your Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Blvd. The stay was around 1050.00. I have had major trouble since Day 1 of checking in at this hotel. Upon check in the lady told me that my card on file would not authorize for the entire amount. I usually just have them doing one night or security, but this was fine, each hotel seems to be different in ways. I have limits on my BBT account set at $750 and I went ahead and used my debit card from my Smartbank account to authorize and hold the entire amount. The next day I had my bank calling and leaving messages that Marriott was still trying to hit my account. They were trying often and on day 3 by bank was still calling and I went down to the front desk, ask to speak to a mgr and a man said he would take care of it. I heard one of the women say this is the card that keeps trying to be charged or something to that effect. The man assured me it was taken care of and was taken out of the system entirely since it was repeatedly trying to be authorized. I believe one day passed and then bank started calling again. This was very aggravating and worrisome while I was there. I checked out and they said everything was good to go and I travelled on to New Orleans to the Marriot there. I checked in and they only held like $50 deposit instead of whole amount. We had a good time in New Orleans and no issues there. Last weekend I got a call from a lady that said her name was Christina Spencer and she said she was with the Marriott in San Destin and for some reason they did not get their money from our stay. I was very shocked hearing this because ALL hotels get their money upon leaving. I advised her I would have to check cards and pull this amount together because of bills hitting etc. I was also getting ready to go out of town and stayed at another Marriot over the weekend in Knoxville and no issues there. On this past Monday she called back again around 11am. I was on a hiking trail. Now all the times she called me was from a personal cell phone number, not the office phone. She called numerous times over like 4-5 days. I have her cell number. I also gave the exact number to the Regional manager yesterday morning. Anyway, upon returning to the house on Monday the 19th around 1:35pm I called and gave Christina Spencer two credit card numbers to run $700 and $300. I ask her if they processed because their was some dead silence and she said she didn't know, she wasn't in the office, she had copied both credit card numbers down and will do it when she returned to the office. This SHOCKED me that she did this. I have been in customer service for 20+ years and KNOW to never write someone's personal information down and do it later. She said she would do it around 3pm. Around 5 pm she did call and say they went through and we are all good and thanks. I thought that was the end of it. However, a weird authorization came in on both cards for $1 and dropped off the next night. Didn't really think to much of it. Wednesday night after 11 - BOTH cards started getting slammed with charges from game places, doctor bills trying to be paid online. Wal-mart online purchases- it was CRAZY! I had to rush and try to turn off my cards at 1:30AM and they still tried to hit them later and I was up all night long with this. The next morning on Thursday, I had to drive to the bank and talk to my bank about all this and cancel the card. My other bank is in Virginia ( I am in TN) and even went in and talked to them. Took my entire day trying to get all these charges off. The bank told me if this was an inside job, the $700 and $300 would drop back off pending, because that woman was just after the credit card numbers and could manipulate the system. I immediately called and ask for the regional mgr at the hotel. The woman that answered said she was the Regional MGr and that her name was Tania Pardo-Koehler. I told her I was scared to even talk to her and needed to go higher up, because my fear was all of them working together in a scamming ring on the inside, but she assured me she was fine to talk to and would have all this investigated. I told her charges was still pending and she said she could see that part. I honestly didn't think these two would fall off that they would be charges, but yesterday morning Friday the 23rd they did drop completely off. The money was in my account and I just breathed because I knew the bank told me if they did drop off then it was an inside job and I knew me letting the regional mgr know all this would get better. The regional mgr called me yesterday evening and assured me again that everything was fine it was paid and ask if I had screenshots of some of the charges and luckily I did take a few of some of the charges that hit that night to show my my friend and sent them to her. Now, this gets even stranger. I finally got a hold of my friends wife (He works on a rig in the ocean and very hard to get a hold of) and he told her he had just went ahead and paid cash because of all the issues and he felt bad. They didn't even tell me they had paid for the 1050 and just let it go. So that explains why the authorization was allowed to drop off the card after we left. Then almost 2 weeks later they call wanting money. I told the regional mgr what I found out and that my friend said he paid cash even to try and get this figured out and she automatically was like, OH no, no cash was paid here. I said well that is what he said, and she again spoke over me and said NO that did not happen. I said well what we DO know is that all this other has happened and someone there at your hotel tried to steal my identity with stealing my card numbers and running my bank accounts in the ground. She said everything looks fine we just will send to corporate and see if they can figure all this out. I had both banks do away with those cards and make me new ones on Thursday. This morning, I get up and another $700 charge - pending from after her and I got off the phone yesterday at 5pm and my bank can't figure out how she even done this with the other card being gone. The $300 was tried at my other bank account and declined. They caught it on their end. I had to get back up this morning after working all night - make another trip to the bank and where it is Saturday- we will have to wait until Monday for the fraud department. This regional mgr didn't even call me back and say she was going to try to authorize again knowing how scared I am over all this. Last words from here is that it is all taken care of and repeatedly shows on my marriott app as bring paid from April 8. I called and left her a message this morning that I am in shock she has tried again without talking to me first and she KNEW I had even changed cards. I do not even trust her now. She hasn't even tried to make any of this right with me. I am very saddened, disappointed and in shock by the actions of these people and how I was treated from day 1. I called and left her a message on her voicemail very concerned about the new charges again and she hasn't got back to me this past week at all. Again, I have spent 31 nights so far this year and moving up quickly. I had an incident one time with Hilton on vacation and corporate called me and refunded my stay PLUS gave me 3 nights stay to come back and give them another chance and they didn't do anything NEAR what has happened with all this. I leave reviews on hotels, restaurants, etc. that is one of my jobs...I want this to get to corporate and let them know what may be happening to not only me but other people. Please have someone higher up than the regional manager give me a call back asap. Thank you so much!
**This was the email I sent to corporate on April 24 (suppose to hear back within 48 hours) and no one has reached out to me yet. We have filed a dispute with the banks at this point and will put my reviews on everything I can to warn others- this has been a month and no one wants to assist with what happened). Update: Got an email stating no funds will be returned and not even anything for any of our trouble - despite this bill already being paid in full. Shady employees at this Marriott.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Msterra39
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Extremely aggravated with my experience at Sandestin. Traveled here for business as a New Marriott rewards member and extremely disappointed. I booked my reservation through my companies travel agent system linked to my rewards account. Upon arrival I am told I am not allowed to check into my reserved room because I am 20 years old. I have stayed 5 nights at other courtyards just this past month and not had an issue. It is not even a Marriott Policy that you have to be 21. Not to mention my birthdate is all over all my profile information for the travel agent and i have a rewards account. Luckily I was traveling with a colleague and the lady at the front desk let him reserve another room for me and let me pay for it. After saying I would not be allowed to stay in the room with out someone who is 21. How does this policy make any sense. Why wouldn't I be told this before my reservation was made. My reservation confirmation number was 94532369. Aggravating to say the least.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank josephsW8339OA
Tania Koehler, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Hi josephsW8339OA,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I understand your frustration regarding not being able to check-in upon your arrival. Age requirements for check-in vary at each Marriott property, and it is up to the individual property to set the minimum age. Our age requirement is 21+ and it is stated on our booking sites. Your suggestion on how your Bonvoy profile could communicate better with the booking engine is very smart, and we will share your thoughts with Marriott corporate. We pride ourselves on each guest having a fantastic experience, and I apologize that your expectations weren't met. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and to better serve you in the future.

Tania Koehler

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Extremely well run property, the nights rest was picture perfect with silence and comfort. The staff were welcoming and the Hotel is in the center of everything you may need in San Destin. Parking is easy and plenty.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank airdisc
Tania Koehler, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Hi airdisc,

Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location on Grand Boulevard! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

-Tania Koehler