2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$178
PricelineUS$178
Hotels.comUS$178
Residence InnUS$178
FindHotelUS$178
eDreamsUS$178
All reviews grand boulevard front desk within walking distance yogurt publix grocery store short drive breakfast staff home away from home one bedroom suite great place to stay shopping and restaurants nice property pets destin daniel fireplace inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Great breakfast and great staff. Clean rooms. Our room on the first floor smelled mildew-y. It was quite bad. The carpet is very old and so is the furniture. I literally remember that same couch from a Residence Inn we stayed at in 1998 (not a joke).

If they just had new carpet and paint throughout it would make a huge difference. The carpet is so old you can just smell all the coastal years.

We weren't allowed to have glasses or plates/pots in our room (due to COVID?) So what's the advantage of booking a Residence Inn again...? Also no housekeeping cleaning allowed (COVID). If you wanted fresh towels you need to come to the front desk. I understand the modifications for COVID but for this level of service, why am I paying $179/night? It just wasn't a good value. Sorry.

Room tip: Don't stay on first floor
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank ATLconsultant
Melissa Oropesa, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience ATLconsultant.. The glasses, plates, pots & pans, etc are kept in the dishwasher for your convenience and peace of mind so that you know that everything was cleaned prior to your arrival - I am sorry that was not communicated to you clearly at check-in. We work diligently to keep our hotel clean and well-maintained and we will share your comments with the staff to improve our services. Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel is dated but it looks to have been updated over the years. The rooms are starting to show their wear and tear. Kitchen and bathroom cabinets nicked and dinged up. Couple of areas of the carpet looked like a cat had scratched it up.

It would have been nice if they told us they dont clean your room at all while you are staying here. When we asked if our floors could be cleaned up from sand we were told unfortunately we don’t clean your room during your stay. That was embarrassing. They should have mentioned that at check in so we didn’t have to ask. They told us they would bring a vacuum to our room. I’m sure we didn’t get a discount on the room for having to clean. We were told it was “precaution” for Covid. I guess it lives on surfaces while we are here but not in room but doesn’t live on surfaces after we physically leave the hotel. Lol. Perfect sense. If all companies used that logic we should definitely not be flying on airplanes with recycled air and our paper thin masks. We shouldn’t be eating in restaurants either. The logic and “science” used to make these new rules are incomprehensible.

The hotel boasts free breakfast in the morning but it was literally the exact same thing every day for our entire stay. It was like a McDonald’s breakfast sandwich and packaged pastries. I’m sure “the Covid” is the reason for not having the expected level of service and offerings here but again please explain the science. Restaurants open, serving food and drinks but hotels won’t serve their “serve yourself” breakfast.

The mattress in the couch bed for our son was horrible. Springs broken. Very uncomfortable and noisy. They brought us a roll away bed. Slightly more comfortable but now our room is crowded with an extra bed.

We are “ Gold”member status- whatever that means. Still waiting for some gift we were supposed to receive. We used points to stay here and I’m actually really disappointed we wasted them on this hotel. We’ve had way better experiences with just as many points in other Marriotts with beach front views. Not at all what I expected. No value in being a Marriott rewards member staying here at all.

Went to the pool. It was super cloudy. Looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in several days. Could not see to the bottom of the 5 foot area from standing on the edge. While sitting in the jacuzzi one evening around 9pm about 10 kids all arrived together. Five of them got in the jacuzzi with us. Some of them were under 10 years old so we just asked where their parents were and they said their parents went out. They told us they rode the bus there and that they were staying in an Airbnb down the way. We asked them how they knew that they could come here and go into the pool and they said they just knew that the gate was unlocked. Their ages ranged from 17 down to about six. The outside gate leading to the parking lot was unlocked and remained unlocked as far as we know all the time so the hotel is not protected from non-hotel guests.

The staff was very nice, considering all the other inconveniences. We probably would not choose this Marriott again. We love Marriott and as gold members always stay with Marriott but this property needs a bit of updating. Pool locks, better mattresses on the pull out sofas and better blankets. They were very rough.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S3Ramirez

Thank you for taking the time to share your review S3Ramirez. We clearly did not meet your expectations and for that I am deeply sorry. I understand it must have been very frustrating to experience so many changes to our services unexpectedly. We do our best to communicate the changes in our typical services on our hotel website and at check-in, but I have shared your feedback with the property team to see how we can improve. We hope that you might consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

We stayed here because we have always had a great experience when we stay at a Residence Inn. The bed was very uncomfortable. It had a crater, seemed like an old mattress that needs to be changed. The room was not well insulated, we could hear everything in the hallway and down by the pool. We have stayed at the Hyatt across the street and had an excellent experience. Guess we will return to the Hyatt for our next stays.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kelsey Vaughn, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2021

Hi barbre, I am sorry to hear that you could not find comfort while staying with us. I understand how frustrating that can be and I sincerely apologize! However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our sister property Hyatt Place Sandestin. I hope that one day you will consider coming back and giving us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2021

THANK YOU – KRISTIN, CAMILO AND TANIA…!!!

Six nights here and every day it felt more and more like Paradise – thanks to the outstanding staffers like Kristin at the Front Desk and Camilo in Housekeeping. They both go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one and it’s most appreciated. This is a massive RI (119 rooms) and believe it or not, Tania the GM here is also in charge of the neighboring Courtyard, which has to make her the hardest working dual-property GM in all of Marriott. By the way, if it’s free weights you are interested in (none here), just ask at the Desk and they will happily pave the way for you to use the Courtyard fitness room. Breakfast is (sadly) still the Grab ‘n Go – but here it includes perhaps the best egg-and-Canadian bacon sandwich you will ever taste, along with 2% milk, yogurt cartons, red apples and bananas and self-serve coffee starting at 6:30 a.m. (7 weekends). The laundry room right at the elevator on the 2nd floor ($2 wash/$2 dry) is clean and operational. There are places to walk – to all sorts of commerce – in both directions so you will want for nothing here… including that superlative Marriott service. Good show, Tania!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021

I’ve given the staff ample time to recover an item I know was left on the premises due to our hastily packing from an early morning obnoxious fire alarm (in which my first call was within hours of realizing what I had left behind, but already in another town). According to management, with diligent searching (several weeks later) on their end, it was simply “not found”, just said there’s no way that it could be their housekeeping, yet there’s still no sign of it?!? Hmmm? Even after me having to contact them several times to give them the opportunity to make it right or make restitution for my loss. But, it’s my mistake for having left it in the first place.. Good to know, won’t be staying there again, and not referring family and friends ! Thanks Residence Inn for allowing me to think I could trust your facility to turn in my item to lost and found, NOT! I’ll be better prepared for grabbing and dashing on my next fire alarm!

Date of stay: January 2021