“More like~ Slow Mo's Filthy Shack”

Beau & Mo's Italian Eating House
Ranked #64 of 975 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$8 - US$42
Description: Chicago Style Italian Steakhouse in Historic Kenwood St Petersburg, FL Chef Beau & Mo bring their swanky steakhouse to St Pete
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was looking for a nice, quality meal in a cozy atmosphere that was not a chain restaurant. After an online search, I found this place and was excited to try it. Apparently, it was owned and operated by a couple, he was the chef and she ran the front of house.
The overall feel of the place is dirty and chaotic. Servers run around like chicken's without heads; it was definitely not the quaint, cozy atmosphere I was hoping for.
The wine I wanted, they were out of but the server told me the owner would come by and make suggestions but she never did. The salad was wilted iceburg lettuce covered in what tasted like mayonnaise which was an up-charge from the vinagrette.
We were both disappointed with our meals. Steak was loaded with grizzle and over cooked. The pasta was tasteless and undercooked.
In addition, they are severly under staffed! No one comes by and checks on you which is what you expect at a chain restaurant not a small, privately owned business. We were there for 3 hours because of how long everything took.
We could not find one redeeming quality about this place which is disappointing in a town that is full of chain restaurants and needs more local restaurants!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been there 3 times now with different groups and was a hit! Buratta is heaven and with their warm bread, you're off to a great start. I've split the NY strip each time with someone, and it's the perfect size for two women who want more flavor than a filet has to offer. Outstanding each time. Also a great value as your entree is really only $20 each then (I have to agree with others place is a tad pricey). I love this old school joint, from the ice cold cocktails to the welcoming staff to the aged steaks. PS Was fortunate enough to meet Beau and Mo on the last visit. Super couple and their passion and dedication just abounds. In fact, before you consider writing anything negative about the restaurant, address the problem directly as humans used to do. I have no doubt they'll go out of their way to resolve your issue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hop smokes! A friend had told me about this place months ago. He said it isn’t much to look at on the outside, but wait til you go in! And the food is fantastic!!!
He wasn’t wrong! The service was fantastic, it was almost like going back in time. Our server was great! Don’t remember his name, but felt like we were in Old Chicago! The steaks are wonderful, and they know “Pittsburg” when you ask for Pittsburg!! Charred outside and medium rare center! A tad on the pricy side, but was a great experience!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Although the 8oz fillets were delicious and correctly cooked, the 3 small ravioli for 2 people? and string beans were cold. The scallops were cold and tasteless. Our steak knives placed on the steak board were so greasy we had to wipe them and our hands before we could eat! Our waiter was pleasant, but paper napkins when your dinner is $50 per dinner without drinks left us feeling let down,with the whole experience. Won’t be coming back.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Great Italian restaurant, family owned by people who know how to make excellent Italian food. I always try to go to local, non-chain restaurants with a big neighborhood following, and this is a great one. I go often for happy hour and food. This ain't the Olive Garden; this is authentic excellent Italian food.