“Very Disappointed”

Red Mesa Cantina
Ranked #32 of 1 022 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican, Peruvian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Was told by several people how great this place was, well I beg to differ. The food quality was poor and over priced.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

The tacos lived up to the hype! Came here for lunch on a muggy Saturday. Despite this, outside was packed. So we ate inside which wasn't awful. The whole place has a really cool vibe.

Started with the octopus ceviche. Super tender, nicely spiced. This was delicious. For our lunch We went with the tacos. I had to try the duck and the shrimp. I liked the duck,it was good but the shrimp was excellent! My husband had the fish, ahi tuna and the pork. He said the ahi was outstanding! Pork was excellent and while the fish was good, it was his least favorite.

Definitely will go back here. Especially for the seafood tacos!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Great nite out! Started with a couple of specials before eating the delicious dishes that were served to us!
Roman the waiter was exceptional!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Great food and service. Fun atmosphere. Convenient location. Enjoyed the outdoor seating and the food was perfect!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We had flown down from Long Island and were starving. It was almost 9pm by the time we got to Red Mesa. The outdoor garden area was great. Since it was Wednesday I got the fajita special. Steak fajitas for $15! There was a drink special too — half off all mixed drinks. I got three cucumber cocktails. I was feeling great! So great that I managed to lose my credit card :/.

1  Thank scottbA3717FE