Free cancellation until 22/07
US$180
US$135
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$173
US$168
US$152
US$146
US$220
US$207
Hotels.com
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$316
  • Pool
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$177
US$168
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

Sabal Palms Inn(St. Pete Beach)
US$218
Havana Inn(St. Pete Beach)
US$217
Reviews (4 234)
4 234 results
2 521
2 521
All reviewsdon cesarmaritana grillebeautiful hotelpink palacesea porch restaurantsea perchspa oceanalobby barpool staffself parkresort feerooms are smallpaddle boardingjet skian umbrellabeach servicepete beach
182 - 187 of 4 234 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I just stayed here for a family event. It was definitely a mixed bag. The good stuff: The event was spectacular; Kelsey, the Banquet Coordinator, was phenomenal, so helpful & very professional. The event food was the best I had anywhere in the resort. The Oceana Spa is so relaxing & top notch. Beverly did my elegant updo & my manicurist was amazing & did a great job on my nails; I wish I could remember her name bc she was so sweet & I really enjoyed talking with her & getting some good nail/skin tips. The grounds & beach are exquisite & beautifully manicured. The Rowe bar restaurant wasn’t great when we had a limited menu for a large group but our waitress, Christy, was great. I went back there on my own & enjoyed delicious crab cakes & a refreshing drink at the bar. Paul, my bartender was knowledgeable & prompt.

Now, the bad stuff: although I loved some things here, I would probably not stay here again. I fully understand that it’s a historic hotel, but my room was far from clean or comfortable on so many levels. I don’t know where to start so I’ll just make a list: multiple dark hairs in 1 sink, a couple dark hairs in one bed, disgusting carpet with a rip in it & wrinkled up bc desperately needs replaced, not comfy beds, ancient baby crib (which was safe according to current standards but chipped & very worn), terrible bathroom layout with tub that didn’t drain properly, tub walls needed cleaned/caulked, & the worst part was the horrible mold/mildew smell/issue. I’m asthmatic & would’ve changed suites but they were COMPLETELY booked! I could hardly stand to stay in my room other than to sleep there; my voice was raspy the whole visit & I developed a cough while there. Also, we needed a new duvet & after calling the front desk multiple times, my husband finally took it to the front desk & requested a new one. And, I called a couple weeks before our arrival to request a crib or pack & play & it wasn’t in our room when we got there & we had to call twice for it to be brought up after finally getting in our room around 5:15pm (we arrived on property @ 3pm & were told that official check-in is @4pm but when we went to check on getting in our room @4, were told that housekeeping was very busy bc spring break & our room would be ready soon....seriously?!?!). Our whole group who was there for the special event got checked in late & not many concessions were given on the front desk’s part. Furthermore, the bell hop had never brought our luggage up when we got in our room; we had to call for it to be brought up. Other annoyances are: slow elevators & not many of them, no quick food options on resort property, no refrigerator in suite, old, worn furniture in rooms, & even had a live bug in our room (not sure what kind bc my husband killed it quickly when I freaked out). I would NEVER stay here again but I would definitely use their banquet & spa services again! They need a complete overhaul on their rooms or at least the one I was in (443). Needless to say I was disappointed in my stay there & my family was really looking forward to it. On a side note, we are Hilton Diamond members & always choose Hilton properties bc we rarely have these kind of room issues. We were even originally scheduled to stay another night but decided to cancel our reservation in order to be closer to the airport for our flight. I’m so thankful we moved to a Hilton for tonight bc I will actually sleep in a clean room! Management, feel free to contact me via reply to this review. I won’t change my honest review but I will give you advice on what you need to change. Oh, and sooooo overpriced for the quality of rooms (we are regular Conrad customers...so there’s your reference.)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Lizzylovesfoodlots
GM-TheDonCeSar, General Manager at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to stay with us at the Don CeSar, and for providing thorough feedback on your experience. Might there be an opportunity for us to speak directly with you about your concerns? cjennings@ doncesar.com

We are glad to hear that your overall experience was positive, and that some of our experiences and staff made a great impact on your overall stay. Our management team will review your comments and work together to identify ways we can improve our guest experience.

We sincerely hope you will provide us with an opportunity to earn your loyalty back at the Don CeSar. It would be our pleasure to have you. Thanks again for making the Don your location for the recent family gathering.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The Don Cesar is an iconic hotel - beautiful resort with attentive and friendly staff. We are used to expensive and lovely but we felt nickeled and dimed our entire stay.

There is a resort fee on the room which is fine but in addition you pay for a beach chair!!! And for an umbrella.

Additionally while it is a family resort - kids club, beach toys etc., the rooms are exceptionally small and completely unacceptable for a family. My teenage daughter said she had never been in a bathroom where her knees were in the shower when she went to the bathroom! The pink palace is definitely NOT palacial!

So it was nice to try it but we will not return - there are many other places to stay on the island

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Denise G

Thank you for offering us the opportunity to host your family's stay in St. Pete Beach. We are discouraged to hear that your overall stay had concerns, and that you may not return to us again. We hope that we can speak with you directly and earn the opportunity to have you back for a future visit. In addition to our standard king and double rooms, we do offer 36 suites and 2 multi-level penthouses which may be of interest. Many of these rooms are very spacious and offer larger sitting and bathroom areas. Please let us know how we can assist, and we truly hope to have you back once again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the Don CeSar for the first time, after I read some reviews about it, and it was worth every moment, what stood out was the beach Attendants at the beach, the service they provided as a group was something I’ve never seen before. I made my way up to “The Hut” and was greeted by Brett who made me aware of the options I had and even informed me about the weather and some of the restaurants near by, he then proceeded to aid me by writing down my request and, he sent me down with one of the attendants, named Pedro, a very polite and knowledgeable young Man, he had a great personality and set me up very nicely, he informed me about the different spots on the beach where I can do extra curricular activities and even directed me towards a sever, to keep it short my experience at The Don CeSar was amazing, if anyone is reading this please take my word for it, it’s worth it, especially the beach.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank JFlesner123

Thanks for staying with us for the first time! We are delighted to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay, and that you will join us again in the future. Please let us know how we can assist to arrange your return, and we will be sure to have that same great service available throughout the beach and the resort.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at the Don Cesar such a beautiful hotel and so much interesting history. The service from all staff compliments this hotel especially the outside staff. Our server Matt by the pool was very helpful and friendly gave us prompt and professional service . We enjoyed the beach as well the staff was helpful we got the pleasure of meeting Zach, Pedro , and Tyler who all were great young men very professional and I could tell that they really cared about taking care of us even in the rain!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

We are thrilled to have turned your rainy day into a positive experience, and to help make such great memories for your family. Spring break at the Don is such a great experience for everyone, and we hope you will find another opportunity to join us again soon. Thanks so much for your kind feedback, and please let us know how we can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a family the week before Easter. They were mobbed with families. I gave 5stars not because everything was perfect. It was not, as is to be expected. I’ve given 5stars because it’s a beautiful resort with beautiful facilities and a staff that makes you feel like they’re happy you’re there. From the wonderful front desk staff to the servers, beach staff, they went out of their way to please. It was the way they responded to the glitches that gets the 5th star.
This is a beautiful, older hotel.The beach, pools,and hot tub were great. They had good live music by the pool.
We loved our stay, and the people, at The Pink Palace.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for sharing your family memories with us at the Don CeSar! Our team is so happy to hear that we were able to make an impact on your experience, and that you will join us again soon. Please let us know how we can assist to arrange your return. Our staff is truly committed, and there is nothing better than our guest's appreciation. Thanks so much for staying with us.