“Great Place for Lunch!”

Ranked #21 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Inspired by the historical period of the early 20th century, our idea is to reintroduce our guests to a time where the experience of having a cocktail and a bite to eat was both healthful and enjoyable. Focused on the art and craft of mixing exceptional local ingredients in precise measurements to create perfect and unique flavor profiles. Fresh, house-pressed juices and a wide assortment of bitters and specially developed syrups, result in stunning cocktails. Attention is paid to the smallest of details with three different kinds of ice, including a nod to the building's original use as an Ice Plant, with a 300lb block of ice and custom cubes. The farm to table restaurant and bar is open for lunch and dinner. Serving grass-fed beef and burgers, local seafood, with vegetarian options and daily specials. The original "Ice Plant" building dates back to 1927, an experience like no other in Florida. It is complete with the original bridge crane on rails overhead the bar. The crane was used to pick up huge blocks of ice to then be broken down and sold to local customers and the shrimp boats. We wanted to restore the feeling of walking into an old factory. Come relax and enjoy a step back in time.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was a great place for lunch after our Distillery tour! It is so convenient, and you can get the cocktails they made on the tour here in standard sizes! My husband ordered a gin and tonic, and said it was one of the best he has ever had. We ordered an appetizer of smoked fish dip. I personally loved the pickled veggies it came with. My husband was a bigger fan of the dip, but together it was a good combination. I ordered their Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich, which was delicious. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside! It was very filling though! I wound up taking half of it back to the hotel for another meal! My husband enjoyed his shrimp po' boy sandwich as well. Overall, this was a great place to stop for lunch!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 393)

62 - 66 of 1 393 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We happened upon the Ice Plant on our way to the distillery. We hopped off the trolley with every intent to go to distillery but decided to get a bite to eat first. The restaurant is area is one big loft separated with a bar. There is an elevator accessible to get you there if you are unable to do steps. Despite being such a large area, the feeling is comfy and cozy. I admit I entered thinking I was not going to like anything on the menu, so I was elated to find numerous dishes that spoke to me! All ingredients are local, farm to table and homemade.
After narrowing the selections down, we started with hummus, which is a go to dish for us to rate a restaurant as this is a dish in my husband's heritage. It was awesome! Just the right amount of seasonings along with fresh made bread for dipping. We licked that plate clean!
My daughter and husband chose the fish tacos which were mahi mahi that day served blackened with avacado, shaved veggies, salsa verde and aoli. They were huge! I am not a fish eater but it looked so good I had to try some. The fish was perfectly cooked with a nice blackened outside covering a thick piece of white flaky delicious mahi.
I choose the Summer Salad Lyonnaise which boasted FL Sweet Corn, Roasted Fingerlings, Dilly Beans, Smoked Bacon Lardons, Poached Egg, “Broken” Cesar Vinaigrette. Again, another huge plate of fresh delicious goodness. Every forkful was a perfect bite! I wish I could have at it all! But my husband luck out because he gets all our "left overs" so nothing goes to waste. As it started to rain outside we ended with coffee and wonderful peach scone cobbler confection with ginger whipped cream. This by far was the best meal I have had in a long time! The service was great, the atmosphere was charming. We enjoyed it so much, we forgot about the distillery tour. Oh well, next time.
You can get to the Ice Plant by using the trolley/train systems in town if you don't want to drive. Which is great if you want to have a drink or two. My husband had the Moscow Mule which utilizes the vodka from the distillery.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We went on a Saturday afternoon. Easily got a table for 2. The building is beautiful with a trendy fun atmosphere. Our server, Ben, was great. He was prompt, kind, and very knowledgeable about menu. We were surprised it was a brunch menu. Didn't have a huge number of choices but both of us enjoyed our items, the eggwich and the pulled ribs eggs Benedict. The Florida mule was great. Only thing we didn't care for was the water was warm and it was a super hot day and the housemade cola, it has a very strong taste like clove or ginger unsure but we didn't care for it. Overall very good.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We are not drink connoisseurs so I really wasn't sure if we would love it but we did! I received a gift card for Mother's Day so that pushed us to try it ...Even though it’s been on our bucket list for months because of the good reviews on trip advisor. My husband had the fish tacos which he normally gets everywhere that serves them and he said they were the best he’s ever had. That is saying a lot. The salsa Verde was amazing I wish they sold it in bottles. I had the gourmet BLT it was beautiful and delicious. We started with the appetizer fish dip it was so good and their pickles are homemade...oh yeah, EVERYTHING is homemade and local...and had good flavor. I tried their homemade ginger ale. It was too tart for my taste. My husband thought it tasted like lemonade but no points off because some people might like ginger ale super tart. We will be back. Oh yeah, it has a great atmosphere and our server was fantastic (Asher? Ashton? Ugh I wish I could remember)

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Really enjoyed our lunch and cocktails here. Lunch menu was great but we all ended up getting the special. Service was very good - experienced and knowledgeable server who had good suggestions. It's a tad loud as are big spaces like this but I'd absolutely go back. I wish we had more time to try out a few more of the cocktails - they were amazing :)