“Where were the tomatoes?”

Borrillo's Pizzeria & Beer Garden
Ranked #92 of 623 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Borrillo's Pizzeria & Beer Garden, is a family owned and operated restaurant serving authentic NY-Style brick-oven pizzas and pies! Everything we make always starts from scratch and is always made with the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Try a Borrillo's Supreme Pizza, Homemade Meat Lasagna or our amazing Calzones and Stromboli. Come by and try some of the best food in St. Augustine! We are located at just a few minutes north of the Fort and across from The Cross and just a few minutes south of the carousel. Place on order online for delivery or carryout. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we just left and our pizza margherita was NOTHING like any we have ever had. The tomatoes were barely visible and minimal and the basil was maybe 3 small strips. But if you wanted cheese you got it! There was a layer of ricotta, then a layer of I think mozzarella and it was sprinkled with maybe Parmesan. The flavor was as minimal as the tomatoes and basil and the crust was gummy and undercooked. Not my idea of a margherita pizza! And the house salad dressing was basically vinegar and oregano. My portion cup had no oil. The greens were crisp and the onions and peppers fresh, but I would go for a packaged dressing. If you look through the review there is a picture that you would think is pizza margherita, but it wasn’t what we received!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the restaurant and got ourselfs a 18” pizza of the house for us two. Which was more than enough! The food was very well made and the service was oke. Prices are very good and rations are big.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My place for pizza anytime I'm in town ,always the best,parking can be tricky but it's well worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had been by the pizza place several times over the years, but never pulled in because it didn't look like much from the street. Well, doesn't look like much inside either, But the pizza although a little more expensive that I expected was wonderful. Grab a menu, order at counter and pay at counter. Very simple. The counter people were very nice and answered our question we had. First thing to know is a "Medium Pizza" is like more like a large at other places. The two of us could have had a small and we would have been full!! I would have wanted my 3 non meat ingredient spread over our white pizza more evenly and a little more of them. To be fair they were busy and it look like only two people in the kitchen. I know this can happen if you are in a hurry!!! All in all it was a great pizza!! Will I go back, I just don't know.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had lunch here, which seems to be a locals' spot. Hubby had the pizza, which seems spot on for Brooklyn pizza in St Augustine. I had the Baked Ziti and the very best garlic knot I have ever eaten; so soft, I would've made a meal of them if I had only known. One comes with the Ziti and wished I had ordered some as an appetizer. This is located outside "the gates" on the northern side of town, just across from the Lady of La Leche Shrine. It's worth the drive (trust me, very long walk to/from our hotel) and there is ample parking.