“First and Last Time to Visit This Fish Market”

Placida Fish Market
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Husband stopped by Friday morning to get scallops for dinner. When he arrived home and I looked at the scallops I thought there was a lot of liquid in the container. Quite a few pieces of broken scallops were also in the container. Proceeded to discard and attempted to dry the scallops. I went through quite a few paper towels. I also noticed that the scallops were extremely cold. Husband said they were on a bed of shaved ice and I said I believe these had been frozen before. We decided to try them anyway. Husband started the gas grille, put a cast iron pan on grille and turned the heat all the way up for 30 minutes When he to tried to fry them a lot of liquid came out and they never browned at all. I tried one and it was awful, the rest went down the disposal. For $20.00/pound I would have expected much better. Will never try them again.

john s, Owner at Placida Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear, paulinebob
I am very sorry you were disappointed with our Scallops. We carry “Wet Scallops” which are frozen in water. We don’t carry “Dry Scallops” as the price is outrageous. We try very hard to keep our prices as low as possible. Please come back in our store and we will gladly reimburse you for the Scallops or if you prefer give you something else at what you cost was. We at the Placida Fish Market,strive for customer satisfaction.. Again we are very sorry.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I am really impressed with this market. Great selection of fish and meat. Also gumbo and fish spreads available. Crackers and sauces too. Decent prices and friendly staff. My new go to place for seafood and related foods.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I picked up some flounder and shrimp today, but I have bought more during previous visits. Fish and Shrim[p tight off theboat!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Nice owners run this small shop. Limited selection but what they have is good. We loved their shrimp boil. They close early - 5 o clock - so place your order early, you have to give 30 minutes notice. They cleaned and shucked, and boiled it perfectly. Picked it up and ate it at home. Really good!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I am a fish fan and this is a good place to come for a nice variety of fresh fish . Really good spot to buy fresh shrimp especially,