Reviews (1 418)
1 418 results
All reviews palm beach infinity pool full kitchen valet parking washer dryer ocean view bedroom condo kids club per day great resort construction noise beautiful property walk in closet an umbrella high floor private beach family vacation
553 - 558 of 1 418 reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Lovely beach, great pool and waterslide. Some interesting things to do nearby - snorkelling, jetskiing, shopping, eating etc. Great place to chill out for a few days after a week of theme parks in Orlando. Check-in experience was great.....we were given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment which made a huge difference to our stay and was much appreciated. The concierge was very helpful. The hotel is not brand new but is still nice. The only negative was the restaurant which was being refurbished and the lack of flexibility with menu's in the circumstances which spoiled a meal.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gb789
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We read and were told great reviews on this resort and decided to book a stay for a family of 4 - 4 days/3 nights. The resort is spectacular! The beach is breathtaking. The snorkeling on the reef is majestic. The pools are absolutely fun for all.
So what's the downside? Well, not much. You will be charged resort fees and daily parking rates. However, the reef is worth the money.
The food, although good, is pricey. The rooms have descent kitchens. We cooked most of our meals and ate them on our balcony. There is a publix 5 mins away. We were told that we can't bring down our food to eat by the pool. We bought lunch and drinks one day by the pool and it was $93. Beware that twice we were charged for alcohol based drinks when my kids ordered them without alcohol.
The beautiful beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach cost $30 a day. Or $10 an hour. Personally, I think that the chair should be part of the resort fees. There were quite a few guests complaining. But we just payed the daily rate.
They have amazing kids club activities, but beware of the sticker shock. Thankfully, we were a large group so we had our own activities for our kids.
I would definitely stay again! I think the fees should be overlooked with the resort features. However, I wanted to post my feedback as some families like to budget and think ahead.

Room Tip: If ocean front is not available. Ask for a room with the view of the homes and canals of singer island. Absolutely beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank JaneFLA78
Reviewed 20 July 2015

This year, for our annual girls trip, we decided to go back to the Marriott Singer Island since we had so much fun a few years ago. Upon check-in I quickly realized things had changed, and not for the better...

1. 3800 Ocean: While I was waiting on our room to be cleaned, decided to grab lunch at 3800 Ocean since it was convenient. I ordered the grilled strawberry salad. The salad itself was amazing but the $6 grilled chicken I asked to be added should have been an embarrassment to the chef. It was clearly cooked the day before (had the dried, greasy marks on it, skin was tough) which is not what you expect when dining at an establishment that touts the "finest local ingredients"... I told the bartender the chicken was bad and they brought out a "fresh" chicken breast after about 3 minutes and apologized. Unfortunately, as anyone who has cooked chicken knows, 3 minutes isn't long enough to cook chicken. Perfect length of time to pull it from the fridge, microwave it, plate it, and bring it out to me though!

2. The beach chairs: The flag system was BEAUTIFUL last time we visited... raised the flags and a server would appear. This time, we raised the flag and nobody ever appeared. I always felt as though this feature set this resort apart from many others but apparently they've succumbed to the new normal.

3. SiSpa: First let me say, my massage was fantastic, no complaints. I did take issue, however, with the way one of my friends was treated. She scheduled a 90 minute at the same time as the rest of our group but when we showed up for our appointments her's was nowhere to be found. Her info was in their system but no reservation attached to it. Additionally, SiSpa quit carrying and using the Zents product line which is my MOST favorite. Instead they now use some "private label" SiSpa brand which isn't anything special. Another way they are cutting corners I suppose.

4. The room: We had a 2/2 intercoastal corner suite. Everything I remembered about the rooms was still accurate. They also removed the Zents amenities from the room and used some cheap stuff that I find at every Marriott I stay at, so nothing special for a Resort. Also, they wanted $25 to remove the items they stocked in the refrigerator, a task that was free last time I stayed. Also, our suite had views of the intercoast AND the beach, it was a perfect mix and we took some great pictures.

5. Pools: I've said this before and I'll say it again, the resort needs to change the infinity pool back to an adults-only pool. The kids have a HUGE play park of a pool behind the hotel. I dont' want to get into a nice pool and get splashed at all times while listening to screaming.

6. Staff: The only staff person that made us feel important was Juliette (via the Business Center)... She was amazing, so sweet and helpful. Maybe it's because she's stuck in the business center all day in a place where hardly any guests are in need of business services. We were introduced to her the morning of our second day, presumably due to my elite status. She gave us a discount card which came in very handy throughout the weekend! Such a bright smile to see every day :-)

All that being said, I will not be returning to this hotel. With the rate increases, coupled with the decreases in ammenities, there are many other places I can go for the price.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank CantStopTraveling
Roger A, General Manager at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Thank you for your recent review.As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for issues you encountered at the restaurant, beach service and spa. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Palm Beach - Singer Island.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

This was our third stay at this property & we loved it. The staff is always helpful.Grounds are always pristine as well as the lobby and pool areas. We love snorkeling around the reef on the beach. State parks with kayak rentals close by. Publix and other shopping is readily available. Peanut Island is always a nice day trip and convenient to the hotel. Be prepared to pay the daily parking fee as well as $30 per day to rent your beach chairs and umbrella.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank amclendon
Reviewed 19 July 2015

First of all, this is a long over due review of our trip. But with out a doubt a wonderful place that we hated to leave and will visit again. All of this due to the fabulous staff and service we received.

I have reviews many of these and I have to say that we did not really eat at the hotel, but we did order drinks and hang out by the pool and beach often. No real need to venture of site every day. Especially since you can cook and dine in your own suite.

Where do I start with the staff, because they were great. The first name that comes to mind and the always was there for us is Brian Buckley. He was fantastic and helped us in so many ways. The group of Seamus, Javier and Jared were amount the best we have encountered.

The pool were terrific and well kept. The adult pool was nice in the morning and then we moved over to the slide pool impost afternoons. Even though it was in the thick of spring break we never felt crowded.

3 different days I went for runs off the property and felt very safe.

I could review more but all I have to say is that we will be back. It cannot come soon enough! My 8 and 5 yr old are still talking about this and wish we were there now!

It is abundantly obvious why I accrue Marriott points, for times like this!!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family