“Real Italian Food”

Carmelo's Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelo's Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was having several aircraft pilots and mechanics out for dinner and made arrangements at Carmelo's Italian Ristorante. I could not have found a better place in Punta Gorda. The food was absolutely real Italian, the service was excellent and our waitress (Linda) was superb. Everyone had a great time and discovered a new place for lunch. I went back a couple days later to have dinner again, "Open Table" had screwed up my reservation but the manager was able to get me seated even though they were booked solid. Once again I had a wonder meal and the service couldn't have been better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food and service! Prefer outside though...for the atmosphere......in the garden.....busy area but away from the bustle of the street

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every facet of this restaurant was excellent. The owner sat us outside for a chianti and directed us to our table at our reservation time. Our meals were piping hot when they arrived. They were not skimpy with the veal, and the zuppa de pesce was chock full of seafood. Calimari was among the best we've ever had. Our waitress was kind and courteous. We felt like they seriously pay attention to detail. Wow, what a great time.

1  Thank Rhody_Ram_12

We had a reservation for 5:15 on a Thursday but arrived a little
early and were seated right away. Our waitress was lovely and
made us feel very welcome. We sat right by the window at the
front so it was quiet. The wine and food was excellent and my
wife had the remainder of her entree for dinner the next evening.
My Veal Marsala was perfect and I think that this is one of the
best restaurants in the area. It is just a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Carmelo’s has been on our list for a long time, and we finally got there last evening with good friends from Punta Gorda. As predicted, the food was excellent and the portions generous. I had the Bocconcini Alla Marsala - three generous beef medalions done exactly as I ordered, accompanied by potatoes and perfectly-done asparagus. My wife had the chicken marsala which was similarly delicious. In both dishes, the marsala sauce augmented the meat without overpowering it. Our friends had the veal parmigiana and the stuffed fish special - both of which were pronounced to be very good. Our server was very pleasant and efficient and provided good descriptions of the various menu items. The restaurant is divided into several rooms. Fortunately, we arrived early and got a table in the smallest room. As more people arrived, the noise level rose appreciably. The server confirmed what we had heard recently — Carmelo’s will be moving to much larger quarters later this spring. All in all, a very enjoyable dining experience. We look forward to dining in the new restaurant.

1  Thank Scul2137ptor