“Renovate!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had Easter dinner at the restaurant. The restaurant was overbooked, people waiting everywhere to be seated. Were only seated about 15 min. late. Lenny, our server was excellent. He was at the table as soon as we were seated and he was always around when we needed anything. The food was delicious. I had the turkey special, two had butterfish and on had pasta. The only problems, the booth was a little saggy and the decor is so outdated. This place needs some big attention. It is the only restaurant in town that is in great need of renovations.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good food, good service, private room for small groups and easy parking all add up to a pleasant dining experience whatever time of year. When crowded, it can be noisy but conversations can be heard.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite sunset destinations has been the rooftop bar at the Wyvern hotel in Punta Gorda. I was rather distraught during our last visit to see construction near the Wyvern has obscured the formerly unobstructed view of the bridge and bay...I digress...

So after enjoying half price wine at Happy Hour, my 70-something Mother in Law, after some quick on line research on my phone, ventured off on foot to the River City Grill. My only request was gluten-free options, which they had & understood.

We had an early dinner. The server was attentive & helpful. The dining room was comfortable although it and the bar were gearing up to be busy.

Our service was quick, but not rushed. We were both happy with our food and drink.

I’ll give this place a try again. For a “regular” dinner (not a special occasion) it was just fine.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

One of our favorites in Punta Gorda. Pleasant ambiance, good food. We like to meet friends as it is fairly quiet and easy to talk

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the grill after a late flight into PGD. Upon arrival, I inquired as to what they stopped dinner service. The hostess informed me 9 pm. That said, she gracefully seated me at 9:05 anyways, saying it’s the right thing to do. Nice touch. We had scallops and a sizzling “cracker steak”a sour entrees. Both choices were fabulous in both taste, preparation and presentation. In addition, our server Christian was fantastic. We will definitely be back and recommend to all.