All reviews sawgrass marriott beach club the main hotel lobby bar the pub resort fee villa room free drinks grounds are beautiful ping pong self parking golf resort heated pool convention center shuttle service nice resort full service
Reviewed 25 June 2018

As a Jacksonville resident this hotel is practically in my backyard, but it is such a relaxing a luxurious hotel that we come here to do a mini-vacation to feel like we got away from it all. The pools are nice, they have an remote beach site, and love the property itself.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Adam N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Our beautifully redesigned resort boasts everything you need to feel refreshed and invigorated during your stay and we are delighted to know how happy you were with your experience. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I recent stayed at this establishment and had the misfortune of being assigned to a villa. Something happened everyday. Day 1- had to call maintenance for issues with the toilet. Day 2- Housekeeping dumps room trash outside of our door and left it, we had to call to have removed. Day 3- Housekeeping left are dirty towels outside of our door and we had to call to have them removed. I were awaken at 2 am in the morning when the occupants in the next room arrived to their room intoxicated. They were extremely loud and turned on music so loud that it was like being in a bar. Called the front desk to complain and was told security would be sent. Thirty minutes later, no change so then again called front desk again. I was told that security had spoken to me and they were just probably drunk, and hung up.I had spoken to no one from security. Attempted to call back but hotel staff would not respond. Later found note on door from hotel apologizing for disturbance and offering me a free coffee from Starbucks. I had to go the room next door and tell them to turn the music off, they continued to talk loudly until 3:30am. Day 4 -TV doesn't work!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Tajohn1963,

Please accept our apology, as well every assurance we will be working to address the concerns outlined in your review. Customarily our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and we are disappointed this did not happen during your stay. We apologize for our lack of responsiveness and will be sharing your feedback with management and will use it to ensure we are more consistent in our service levels. We hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you the next time you are in Ponte Vedra Beach.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great view and beautiful renovation. Close to many restaurants and stores. Looking forward to a day at the Spa as it's been renovated as well. Valet is a must as self parking is across Convention center.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear HashathM,

Thank you for choosing the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and for sharing your review. We are glad to know you had a pleasant time with us and liked our convenient location and newly renovated property. We have taken note of your feedback and have shared it with our management team to see what changes can be done to enhance our future guest experience. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The lobby, grounds, and desk staff impressed me. There is a gorgeous view from the atrium and decor in the lobby area is attractive.
However, my room smelled so badly of a bleach cleaner that I had to open the window to air it out. The beds were made up very sloppily. The bathtub had white duct tape covering a crack. There was so little water pressure in the shower I had to hold my head under the faucet to get the shampoo out of my hair. And worst of all, the cleaning staff left someone else’s mostly used bottle of body wash on the counter upon my checkin.
I really thought Sawgrass would be a perfect experience but I was disappointed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Leigh-Ann H,

Thank you for taking time to review your visit to our hotel. We are truly sorry your room was not in the spotless condition it should have been when you arrived. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously and what you experienced is not typical for us. We are taking steps to ensure oversights such as this are not repeated. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I recently stayed at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort for a conference I was hosting with my company. Upon arrival, the bellman didn't ask to help with my luggage or my team but I noticed they helped others. Not a great first impression.

Quickly my first impression changed when I walked into the lobby. The lobby has one of the most enormous, panoramic views of the golf course. It's absolutely stunning. There is a wonderful scent that perfumes the lobby and to hang out there is just a delight.

I'll outline some specific details below:
Wait staff - particular team members could use some training from the heads of their department.
Rooms - were not as clean as I would have liked.
Alice & Pete's Pub - delicious food, great ambiance for a hotel casual restaurant.
Golf Course Club House - WOW! This building is stunning!

As for my stay, I would recommend staying here if you're an avid golfer and plan to golf on your trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PieceofPiee

Dear PieceofPiee.,

Thanks for reviewing your stay at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa! We are glad to read about your pleasant experience and how much you enjoyed our beautiful property. Customarily our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and we are disappointed this did not happen during your stay. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure we are more consistent in our service levels. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ponte Vedra Beach.