“Well located”

Beach House
Ranked #43 of 429 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant os very well located at Pompano Beach with excellent sea view. The building is modern and nice but the menu is limited and there is not specials as we were looking in a beach restaurant. The clams were excellent and the taco with shrimp was reasonable. Due to the investment made on the building we do expect a better food and menu

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is really cool! I had the side of Mac n cheese which was absolutely fantastic! The sliders and tacos were pretty regular, nothing to fantastic. What my family found truly amazing was the upstairs part. Upstairs is only for drinks and appetizers but is is a really cool atmosphere and a beautiful view on the beach!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We met with friends for cocktails in their upstairs bar area. Casual beach chic with tables and booths on different levels that open out to the ocean. Service was friendly and efficient. You can order tapas in the upstairs bar but we had all planned to have dinner downstairs after cocktails but they won't take reservations after 6:30! They won't even put your name down when you arrive until you are ready to be seated so when you are ready, you just have to take your chances as to how long you will have to wait. Fortunately, it was a Tuesday evening and off season so it wasn't an issue this time (I would give an Excellent rating if not for this policy). Aside from this, we loved the contemporary, beachy, open air, under roof atmosphere. And the food was excellent. I started with their grilled Caesar salad (delicious) and then I had the shrimp and grits entrée. I have to say this is now one of my all time favorite dishes anywhere - perfect in every way. Will definitely be returning often.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stopped in for dinner and drinks. Walking up to the restaurant, the building is very neat and modern. Once inside, the furnishings and view are pretty nice.

We (group of 3) were seated quickly, unfortunately not near the huge windows looking at the water (no fault of restaurants). We were greeted within a few minutes by our waiter and ordered waters and drinks while deciding on the menu. The waters came within a couple of minutes and then our bar drinks came about 5 minutes after that. No sign of the waiter between water and bar drinks. Not sure if this restaurant does not provide straws without asking, but no straws were given at the time of water delivery (I understand why if they are not provided up front in helping to save the sea!). We asked for them and they were brought a couple minutes after request.

We ordered the ceviche as an appetizer. The overall vote was it was just okay. Quite different than a "traditional" ceviche. Not terrible, but probably would not order it again.

The entrees were the wings, and grouper sandwiches with sweet potato fries. The grouper sandwiches were quite lacking according to the comments made, but the sweet potato fries were very good.

We requested water refills during our meal. After asking a 2nd time about about 10 minutes waiting, we got the refills.

I think the coolest thing they did was bring the bill out in an old book, to which lots of people have signed, etc. I've never seen this idea before and thought it was brilliant!

Close to $100.00 for 3 people who each only ordered 1 cocktail. I wouldn't have had any problem paying that if the food was better and the service was much better.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Was visiting Pompano and my daughter that lives in the area told me this place was new and people were talking about it. We walked from our hotel about 1/2 mile away on Saturday around 1 and it was packed and told it would be 20 minute wait. Luckily we were seated after 5 minutes and ordered white sangria and mojito and both drinks were yummy. I had the fresh catch grouper in tacos and a side of kale salad and my son had fried grouper sandwich. Food was awesome, service awesome and not overly priced like some other restaurants on South Florida Beaches.