Review of Rolling Surf 1

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Luisa C
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 23 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I agree with everything in the first review. The carpets are dirty, sofas are disgusting, Internet does not work, TV does not work, shower outside does not work, sheets were stain. I don't mind the place being old but it needs to be clean and feel fresh and clean. Specially when traveling with kids that sit on the floor and they drop everything. I don't usually write reviews and complaint but this property is not worth the money. We are paying 380.00 per night even though Ii is advertised as 179.00 per night. You can stay somewhere else for that kind of money . Location is great ! Master bedroom bed not comfortable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not clean
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
C3onthero...
“Great location... condo unit needs cleaning”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

We loved being able to walk to the beach. I'd give it a 5 for that. The house is spacious with adequate beds/sleeping areas. I would give it a 2 star for cleaniness. The first night we got there, the master bed's sheets were very wrinkled. I don't believe they were changed. Fresh sheets should not be creased like someone slept in it for a few days/weeks - they were not fresh sheets. I know that the cleaners had to clean the house that morning from another party's stay since management wasn't able to let us in earlier. We arrived late that night - so I was too tired to take the sheets off to wash. Found out the next morning, there were additional sheets in a closet. I took the sheets off all of the beds and washed them though. The couches are very filthy and sink in the middle!!! Wasn't able to sit comfortably on them due to the set-in dirt. On the last days, it occurred to me to put the sheets on them! Then it felt better sitting on them. It's time for a new set of couches! The carpet is very old and dirty as well. I had to wear sandles most the time there. New carpet is also overdue. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking equipment. I'd give it a five for that. However, the garage bags are very thin/inexpensive. The bags break - causing a mess to clean up. The TV in the family room is VERY outdated. The one in the master bedroom has better picture quality.
The master bathroom was renovated with new paint. But looks like the towel racks were not put back up. Instead there’s an inexpensive very rusty towel holder hung on the door. Paint job in that bathroom was not the best.

The master bed was on the stiff side. But the bathroom towels were nice quality.
The rate on Tripadvisor was $176/night for the dates that we requested. But when I tried booking with them directly, it was $210.50 per day. On top of that, there's a $140 cleaning & $50 booking fee. SO BEWARE!!! We did a late booking. So I didn't watch the charges. I thought it was a deposit. But not sure why the rates are different... bait?
Customer service is very professional on the phone. Emailing doesn't always get immediate answers. So calling them is best.
Great location on the beach!!! I would rent again if some of the things were cleaned & updated. For almost $290/night (with taxes & fees), would like to have a more comfortable stay for our spring break.

I would recommend the place if it's cleaner.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: on beach
Liked least: dirty carpet, couches and bed sheets
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travellers are raving about these Perdido Key hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing