All reviewscourtyard marriottindoor poolroom was cleancomfortable hotelnight stayfirst floorlobbygraduation
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I was staying around the corner on Friday April 6, 2018. My friend and I decided to come in to the Courtyard and buy a drink while we chose where to go for dinner. She said her name was Zoe but I believe that was a fabrication. She was the petite girl working the bar at 6pm on Friday April 6, 2018. Obviously, the service was so outstandingly horrible that I am now writing this review to share with the world. It should be noted that the hotel itself seemed nice. I am certain they have many employees that work hard and take pride in what they do. This girl Zoe(if that is her name) however is NOT one of them.

So with no additional delay here is the conversation with Zoe. Please note that when we came in something smelled like burnt plastic. It should also be noted that there was no one else at the bar that would have been causing Zoe to be in a hurry.

We walk in. Not even to the bar yet. Had not been drinking had just finished a long drive.

At 20 feet from the bar Zoe asks us what we'll have. No hello, good evening, hi, nothing.

We said we were going to have a drink.

Zoe then immediately asks us if it will be a room charge and what do we want, We say well we have to think about it. She looks at us sternly. My friend asks if something is burning. Zoe responds with a flat no.

Zoe again (literally 3 seconds after she asked the first time) then again asks us what would we like to drink. She is very pushy and is mega rushing us already.

My buddy asks for some sauvignon blanc. She then asks me "what'll you have". So in the first 45 seconds of being there she has now asked me what I want to drink at least three times.

I ask why am I getting pressured here? Chill out, I'll tell you what I want in a minute.

Throughout the conversation so far she has also called us sweety like 10 times. But not in a friendly way. Basically in a way that she has learned that she is so cold and unfriendly that she has inserted "sweety" as a crutch to keep from getting screamed at.

My friend again asks if something is burning because the entire lobby smells like burned plastic. She rolls her eyes and says that she just cooked cookies. I can't imagine how this is a normal answer for this but whatever.

I then order a chardonnay. She then sternly asks me what volume of wine I would like. Finally, I ask her why she has such a foul attitude. She tells me no one has ever told her that. I told her that the absence of her not having been told that she has a bad attitude is not the same thing as having a good attitude. Her response to this was that she is there to do a job and isn't paid to be friendly or to be entertaining. I then told her that this might be part of the reason why on Friday at 6:30 that no one is near the bar.

The conversation doesn't read that she did anything horrendously wrong. However, I have never in my life talked to anyone in the service industry that was as cold, rude, brusque and another B word in my life. It's five days later and I am still shaken by how horrible she is at customer service. She has the personality for driving a forklift or draining a septic tank not to be ANYWHERE ever customer facing.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
GM-Pensacola, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear JamesA,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is through honest feedback that we are able to improve upon the Bistro experience provided to our valued guests. I would like to personally apologize for your experience. I have discussed this issue with the staff to insure that this was an isolated occurrence. I hope you will consider us on your next visit to Pensacola so that we can deliver the guest experience you deserve.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Stayed here last weekend. We enjoyed our stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Lobby was plush. Room was clean and updated. Only downside was the breakfast. $31 for two, for one piece of toast for my wife and bacon and eggs for me. Eat breakfast somewhere else. Extremely overpriced. Hotel is nice however.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Room 412 is updated, beautiful view of the bay. Contains a refrigerator and microwave and good WiFi. The TV operation is a little clunky. Bed was comfortable and room cleaning was excellent. Staff was helpful. I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2018

the room fixtures were exceptionally outdated, very surprising for Courtyard. not enough outlets, no USB plugs
The breakfast attendant decided to end breakfast ten minutes early, and mocked my complaint. The opposite of hospitality.

Room Tip: bring your own USB ports
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Taldanmus

Dear Taldanmus,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have recently completed a extensive renovation of our property. I hope whenever your travels bring you back to Pensacola you will give us the opportunity to deliver the guest experience you expect form Marriott.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Spent Nov 30th here, very good value and highly recommend. Excellent location with easy access to I-10, numerous shops and restaurants nearby. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, breakfast options and Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple