“Wife's Birthday Dinner With Our Sons”

V Paul's Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 704 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018

This was our second visit to V. Paul's and we enjoyed a nice evening with our son's while we celebrated my wife's birthday. The service was prompt and the food was excellent. both times we have visited this restaurant we've enjoyed ourselves. Prices are a little sporty for some items and well within reason for many others.

I highly recommend reservations if planning to dine on a weekend or on a night with an event at the Saenger Theater.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My mom and I picked this place after lying around at the beach all day. We googled “Italian food” and this place popped up as a “casual” spot. It definitely was not causal but I’m so glad we went. Most people were wearing suits and dresses so we felt out of place in our shorts and T-shirt’s, but the staff was very friendly. They served bread with a delicious balsamic glaze/olive oil dipping sauce. We ordered salads with house made dressing which was very good. Our entrees were some of the best Italian dishes I’ve ever had and they also had a nice selection of wines. We would definitely visit again, but would wear something a little nicer.

Manager-VPauls, General Manager at V Paul's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am so happy you found us! Please visit again & make sure you have dessert. Thank you!, Contessia

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Looked good and nice atomosphere.
I got grilled octopus but this was not good one. I did not get freshness and texture. Pasta was ok.
Probably good restaurant for young people.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Great atmosphere for dinner or drinks. Our meal was quite good and with a good presentation. The staff at the bar and table seem to have a fairly good rapport with regular customers, but noticed that they were cold to visitors.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We drove from Pensacola Beach to V-Pauls for good Italian food based on Tripadvisor reviews. It is about a 15 minute drive but street parking in front of the restaurant is limited. There is a large parking lot behind the restaurant but it is not obvious from the front.

You can enter the restaurant from the back parking lot through a very welcomed back door because the neighborhood looks a bit sketchy.

Service was very prompt and very good throughout our meal. We arrived on half-price wine night which applies to about 10 moderately priced wines. We got a decent bottle of Merlot for $24.00.

My wife said her lasagna was the best she has ever had!! My veal picotta was fine but I have had much better. Both of our salads were disappointing, my caesar was blah...come on where is the anchovie taste.

As others have stated your view outside is marred by street people who have set-up camp across from the restaurant.