“Not good”
Review of Magic Soul Food

Magic Soul Food
Ranked #130 of 408 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We were staying in town after a cruise and decided to try a soul food place. My husband had rib dinner with mac and cheese and yams. Ribs were boiled, overly saltly hardly any sauce. Yams were too sweet and mushy, mac n chz was just average. I had smothered turkey wings, they did not have any gravy, i ordered rice since i thought i would have gravy. Broccoli tasted old and burnt. Save your money, skip this place.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I visited Magic Soul Food on Pines Blvd 11-1-17 with great expectations of delectable southern cuisine, those expectations where immediately shot down! As we entered the restaurant, We weren’t greeted at all, ok. I informed the cashier (Sherwin) that this is our first time here and ask him of his recommendations, he immediately began to inform us of what they didn’t have. Upon receiving my food the fried chicken was over cooked, the mac and cheese wasn’t hot (cheese not melted) and the portions were rather small. Just not an over all good experience with this is place. I will not return and I honestly looked forward to some good home cooking, not so much. I follow this restaurant on IG(food looks so good) and even Facebook, I’m truly sadden by their horrible first impression. Just maybe a new magician is needed to perform Magic at this restaurant.
A saddened customer!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

just happened upon this place and found absolutely wonderful soul food!. catfish, greens, and outstanding cornbread!. very small place,and unfortunately service was very,very,very, slow. don't go if you're in a hurry, but do go if you like Southern cooking!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We went to the Oakland Park location and discovered late it's primarily for take out orders. I wanted to dine in but with only 4 tables available and one wasn't cleared, so we had to do take outThe fried pork chop is huge and delicious, paired with collard greens and yams.
I also had the griilled shrimp salad and was seasoned perfectly. I will be back to try the ribs and catfish next adventure.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

It's quite rare to find a soul food restaurant here in south Florida, especially one this freaking good. But the food here is amazing. Definitely the smothered pork chops and the shrimp and grits. The collard greens are some of the best I ever had. The service may be slow but it's worth the wait.