“Great food..”
Review of Tepuy Kitchen

Tepuy Kitchen
Ranked #152 of 405 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had been wanting to try this place for a while and today I finally did.
The menu consists of a Venezuelan-European fusion and the results are pretty great.
We had the Prosciutto Croquetas from the appetizer menu and then I tried to the Asado Tepuy and the Pasticho, both were great.
The Asado was served over a bed of lemon risotto which was very tasty, the meat could have been a bit more tender but it was good.
I thought the Pasticho was a little dry and hard but the overall taste was decent, not the best I've had but not bad either.
The offer lunch specials and everything is fresh and homemade.
I think the aesthetics of the restaurant could improve as part of the kitchen is exposed and the decor is lacking, but despite that, you are guaranteed to have a great meal at this place.
Prices are a bit high $15 and up

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant is run by a fellow native Venezuelan. I went with my dad to try this restaurant, and a friend recommended it. The menu has very interesting options, and everything caught our attention. They focus in reinvented Venezuelan dishes, some mixed with ingredients from the old world. The restaurant is sober, and simple, with an A1 service.

For us it was excellent, and beyond to what we were expecting. We first ordered empanadas, Venezuelan style, stuffed with Spanish chorizo and cheese (I think it was manchego, but I don’t remember right now), and also jamón serrano croquettes. For main I ordered the raviolis de pabellón. Pabellón is the national dish in Venezuela, made with shredded or pulled beef, sweet plantains, rice and black beans. Their interpretation, although sounded strange at the beginning, was very well achieved. The raviolis are made out of black beans and stuffed with the shredded beef. Served in a sauce of goat cheese, very subtle, topped with sweet plantain “croutons”. At the beginning I thought that mixing goat cheese flavor with Venezuelan local flavors would be strange, but I have to say they worked perfectly fine. My dad ordered the catch of the day, which was snapper. It was prepared in leaves, and steamed, also very delicate in texture and flavor. For dessert my dad ordered bread pudding and I ordered churros. Both were delicious. For drink we ordered a new crafted beer from Venezuela. It was ok, but not my cup of tea, however, for beer enthusiasts, it might be a great option.
Maybe compared to standard American food, portions might seem small, but something to have in mind is that everything is made there, from scratch with very high-quality ingredients.

As having travelled to so many places and tried some many types of food in so many kinds of restaurants, I can admit that Venezuelan food can be an acquired taste. I of course love it, as I grew up with those flavors, but putting aside my sense of familiarity, I truly believe this is an excellent restaurant to anyone who can enjoy trying different and new flavors. It is evident that the food is made out of love and with real cooking knowledge. I wish them the best, and I will be coming back for sure!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The place is amazing, the food is even better and the servers are very attentive and polite! A+ for this place!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

My wife, teen son, and I came for dinner. We were the only customers, as we would have been on Christmas when they said they were closed when we arrived (after calling ahead to see if they were open).
I’d read good reviews on Yelp.
My wife ordered the catch of the day (wrapped in plantains), my son got the skirt steak, and I ordered a chicken dish (like a pot pie).
We ordered a couple appetizers (goat cheese fritters and another little fried sweet cream cheese kind of thing. My wife also ordered the cucumber salad.
Portions of everything were quite small. Prices were okay, service from Andrea was excellent, and the dishes were all presented well. The food was pretty good, but unspectacular. We were disappointed with the cucumber salad as it was actually like a dip (almost exactly like Greek tzatziki with yogurt and cucumber) instead of like an actual salad.
I think there is a language issue when calling on the phone, unless you are fluent in Spanish.
We probably won’t return as there are too many other places that have more dishes that we enjoy with more atmosphere, along with better portions and prices.