“Fishing trip”

Last Local Guide Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Last Local Guide Service offers incredible fishing charters, dolphin encounters and Shell Island tours on the waters of Panama City Beach, Florida. Whether an incredible fishing adventure on the Gulf of Mexico, up close encounters with wild dolphins or just a relaxing tour of our barrier islands, we will guide your way.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Capt.vann is an honest and decent human being that connected with myself and my kids right away...he’s very knowledgeable about the fish and the waters and was pointing out different things to us on the way out...we limited out on red snapper and caught several other species too...my son caught hooked a nice Blackmun tuna and capt.vann guides him the whole way and when that tuna hit the floor ofthe boat capt.vann went batcrap crazy yelling and giving hi5’s and he had us all pumped giving hi5’s and yelling and chest bumping and it was just awesome!!!!we had a trip of a lifetime and capt.vann made that happen for us...I will definitely be back to fish with him again....if you’re coming to Panama City to fish then I would recommend only one guy and that capt.vann at last local guide service,he’s the man....thanks capt.vann for the memories!!!! Kyle Graft,andrews,Indiana....

CaptJohnVann, Owner at Last Local Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

I'm glad you guys had a great time! That is my goal on every trip. Hope to fish with you again. Thank you for the great review!

All reviews
"knowledge"
"dolphins"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Captain John in the best. He took excellent care of me and my two boys (13 and 9). He is really easy to work with and very knowledgeable of the area. His personal touch and attention to detail made our trip memorable. We hit our limit and had lots of time to "fish for fun." This was my boys' first trip ocean fishing, and because of Captain John, I'm sure it won't be our last. Looking forward to a return trip with Last Local really soon.

CaptJohnVann, Owner at Last Local Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Blake,

It was a pleasure fishing with you and your boys. Hope to fish with again in the future. Thanks for the great review!

Take care,
John

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Captain John was great. Very knowledgeable and super helpful. We did the 5 hour fishing charter and it by far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this trip to anyone but especially those that have been burned by the large “party boat” style fishing experience and want a more personalized trip.

CaptJohnVann, Owner at Last Local Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Charlotte,
Thank you for the kind review. I certainly enjoyed fishing with you and Brandon. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation on PCB.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Capt. John Vann took us out on a trip to shell island and when I initially spoke with him, I let him know that I wanted to see some dolphins and if the opportunity arose get in the water with them.
His knowledge on the local area is astounding and you can tell he truely loves his job and is very passionate about the area and the conservation of the area.
He first took us to an island to try and spot some dolphins and showed us some of the area.
We next went to the gulf side of shell island and he immediately spots dolphins. He asks if I want to get in with them and he set me up just to jump in and swim with them even for a moment. The water was cold(74°) but it didn't matter.
We then headed over to the bay side of the island and he took us out and gave is some history of the area and let us explore on our own.
Thank you Capt. John for making it possible to achieve the #1 thing on my life bucket list. Your knowledge was wonderful, you were wonderful company and we will definitely be giving you a holler when we're in the area next year.

CaptJohnVann, Owner at Last Local Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Kristi,

Thank you for choosing Last Local Guide Service to spend your day on the water. I appreciate the kind review and hope to see you on another trip in the future.

Thanks,
Capt. John Vann

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Capt. John did a great job. The trip consisted of me, my wife, my daughter (12 years old) and her friend. We fished for 4 hours and caught about 25 snappers, which we had to release but still had a blast. Also caught about 15 trigger fish, but none large enough to keep. Complain to the FWC. Still had a great time. Capt. John found some dolphin pods to watch on the way back through the pass. Everyone had fun.

CaptJohnVann, Owner at Last Local Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Andre,

Thanks for the kind review! I enjoyed spending the day with your family. Hope to fish with you again on your next visit.

Capt. Vann