2 people are viewing this hotel
US$134
Free cancellation until 21/10/03
US$149
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$122
Free cancellation until 21/09/28
PricelineUS$148
Hotels.comUS$134
FindHotelUS$137
All reviews ice machine heated pool beach chairs kitchenette pcb shells sand
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2021

Do not waste your money. J
Check in was aweful. I booked 2 rooms in March and paid for them. I booked a first and second room floor. Got to check in on the Sunday we arrived we had no rooms assigned to us. The lady Laytoya at check in was awful. She kept calling me honey and had the audacity to tell me to relax honey. Hence I am here for a family reunion with a lot of reserved rooms. Instead of getting the rooms that were assigned to us by Lindsey we were all displaced. Now comes Tropical Storm Claudette. Rooms are flooded the motel has no towels. You not dare ask for a mop. You aint getting one. Never again will I be back!!!!!

Room tip: do not book here
Date of stay: June 2021
Allison P, Marketing at Sugar Sands By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are addressing your feedback with the appropriate departments.

Reviewed 5 June 2021

We just left this morning from a 7 day stay. Overall we enjoyed our time at Sugar Sands, and our room was very clean and we had fresh towels daily and they cleaned our room every other day. The view from our room was unbeatable. We were in 514 on the far end with no hotels next to us on the top floor. The balcony was large and the furniture was in good shape (both inside the room and outside the room). There were also beautiful views from the bedroom and living room area. The walk to the beach was short and the beach was SO peaceful and not packed which I love. We never had to wait on the elevator which was great as well. We loved using the grills at the pool for dinner, which was really nice.
CONS - the price was really quite expensive to have literally no amenities other than the pool. I’ve stayed at 2 bedroom condos with a lot of amenities for several hundred less than what we paid for this trip. The roof in several places was missing huge chunks out of it and hanging down, especially above the balconies of the top rooms. There were birds living in the roof of our balcony. (We also saw rats scurry across the pool deck twice, but I think that is standard for the beach). The walkway to the beach on our side was closed for 2 days because someone was painting the gazebo so we had to walk past that to the other side then back up through the sand to get to the spot on the beach where there weren’t jet skis. The pool deck has pretty decent sized sink holes that my toddler tripped in multiple times and I tripped on once. The wooden chairs at the pool didn’t all have cushions on them and I swear at least half of them were broken, with only one piece of wood holding the backs together, one even had a piece of wood laying on the ground next to it. The employees park right in front of the buildings so we had to park in the overflow parking a few times behind the buildings across the street. The lady that checked us in was far from friendly, and a little condescending, but the other front desk staff we came in contact with we’re pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We are addressing your feedback internally.

Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

Sugar Sands has a great view of the beach and a nice heated pool. But that's about it. The property is in dire need of repairs. We spent five days and four nights killing bugs and roaches. We ask that the room be sprayed and all we got was a good cleaning of the bathroom.
If you're going to stay at Sugar Sands, take your own cleaning supplies and a can of bug spray. You'll need it.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ndavis9027
Breena Cocco, Marketing at Sugar Sands By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have notified upper management and will be addressing this with our pest control company.

Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

Hotel rooms were updated and all rooms have ocean view. We got a split, bedroom when you open door then kitchenette leads into main bedroom with door to balcony. Great set-up. Only suggestions are : in first bedroom need to put a small bedside table for book,glasses,cell phone or bottle of water. My friend had to take waste basket & had it upside down to use as table. She reads so had book-glasses-cell phone. Also she had to read with over head bright light then had to get out of bed to shut it off. Maybe need wall mounted lights on each side of bed. Hotel is located away from congested area so it was peaceful. We had to drive to restaurants but only short ways down the road. For the price I highly recommend Sugar Sands. Beautiful sunsets from our balcony. Pool was great also can rent umbrellas & lounge chairs and ski -do on beach.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Casinolady13
Breena Cocco, Marketing at Sugar Sands By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

We appreciate the recommendation and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2020

The view is amazing don’t get me wrong, and the rooms aren’t horrible. The bathrooms do have some sagging ceiling tiles that are gross looking but other then that couldn’t ask for a more convenient spot for the beach! The only thing that ruined my entire trip is the lady charged my card THREE times for my room and apparently someone else’s, so I ended up paying almost $850 all because the worker was too busy talking on her cell phone in the back! They gave me the other persons name and address and part of their card number which is highly unprofessional. They offered no discount or a partial refund for my room they just said to keep an eye on the $420 refund to make sure it gets back on my card. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS I am 13 hours away and hoping they actually give me my money back! All they keep saying is it’s “no longer their problem or in their hands”!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 9mariahs
Breena Cocco, Marketing at Sugar Sands By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

We sincerely apologize for the issues your experienced during your stay. We are addressing with all appropriate departments, as well as upper management. Refunds can take up to 5-7 business delays, but we are very sorry for the delay.