“Best Oysters”

Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Like‘em ice cold? We have been a PCB favorite since 1967 because of our oysters. The years have seen a lot of changes around here, but one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to excellent food and service. Our food is unique and everything is prepared with a snap of down-home southern flavor. Our kitchen can prepare everything on the menu to go and we offer unique catering for every occasion. So come on in or let us bring the pub to you. We look forward to serving you and we truly appreciate your business!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I travel to PCB every year, and Shuckums is always a place we have to visit simply for the oysters, whether they’re raw, Rockefeller, etc. They have the biggest and best oysters in the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 069)

17 - 21 of 1 069 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The wife and I ate here twice while staying here. I had the oysters Rockefeller both nights. They were fresh and amazing. The wife had the grilled chicken the first night and the double burger the second time. Both were great. For appetizers we’re had the smoked tuna dip, fried pickles, peel and eat shrimp, and fried green tomatoes. All of them were amazing. If I had to pick one, I’d choose the shrimp. My advice is to go no later than 5:30-6:00 if you don’t want a long wait. The first time we tried to visit was 8:00 on Sunday night, it was going to be 1 1/2 hours to get a table so we left. We went about 5:00 2 days in a row and were seated immediately. Great food and great service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have a mixed review regarding Shukums. However, the bad definitely outweighs the good in this case.

On 6/23, we arrived and sat at the bar, and had dinner. Our server was Chris. He was excellent. The food was great, and the service at the bar was outstanding. Our food arrived quickly, drinks were kept topped off, and we had no complaints. We had asked for a table outside for 6, while we waited for our friends to arrive - for drinks. We were celebrating their marriage, as they had gotten married that day.

They arrived, and we moved outside after closing out with Chris. Our new server was Raashida. She was attentive and helpful. We only had drinks, but the restaurant had began to slow down, and we were there until it closed down and tables began clearing out. We even explained to Raashida that the couple was newly married, and that the entire bill was on us, to make sure they had whatever they wanted.

At dinner, we gave the couple a card, with a Visa/MasterCard gift card inside. I'm not even sure if they had a chance to open it. I do know that as we were leaving, we were literally the only customers left, with the exception of the wait staff and the cleaning staff. When the couple got in their hotel room, they realized that they had left the card on the table. They called the restaurant but there was no answer. The next day, they took an uber back to the restaurant, and asked if it had been turned in, but they were told (rather rudely) that it had not, and they should check back that night with the server who had waited on us. She was scheduled again to work. That evening, we did check back, and the Groom confronted the server, asking if she had saw the card. She immediately acted guilty, her eyes getting large and looking away, then saying she knew nothing about it. I told the couple they should have spoken with the manager, but he was so angry that he walked away.

This reflects so badly on the staff of Shukums. Whether it was the server or the cleaning crew, either way you have a thief among you, who would steal from a newly married couple. Is that really the kind of image you want to project?

1  Thank Jrock101
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved this place. It was very unique & with very friendly staff. My wife had Crab Bisque which was very, very good & Popcorn Shrimp which she also loved. I had the biggest raw Oysters on the half shell I have ever seen with horseradish & hot sauce on crackers. They were Heaven sent. I also had a Oyster Po Boy with so many Oysters the bun wouldn't hold them. It was super great & so much I just ate the Oysters at the end & left part of the bun. Will definately be on our list of must eat places in PCB next time down there. Hopefully sooner then later!! A+++

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was decent, and comparably priced to other restaurants in the area. Kid-friendly karaoke was fun.