“Great Service - Promising Food”

Iron Oak New American BBQ
Ranked #115 of 222 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the first time I’ve been back here since that travesty of a restaurant Catcher and the Rye closed. The new owners have done quite a bit to spruce the place up, lots of new outdoor water misters, all of that old seashell gravel has been removed and replaced by patio pavers, improved outdoor airflow, and the management seems to been upgraded significantly. When I was there, I really appreciated the menu, the mixed drink selection, and the craft beer selection. All really great. I saw brisket on the menu and had heard good things, so I ordered that without having thoroughly read the description. The brisket sandwich is a $16 barbecue brisket Philly cheesesteak. So chopped up brisket, jalapeños, slaw, and way too much cheese. I was really hoping for a finely done, well refined brisket… But shame on me for not reading the description. $16 for a barbecue Philly cheesesteak seems like a bit much, but the tots and sweet potato fries were on point. It was also refreshing to see founders breakfast stout available in bottles. Definitely worth trying again, next time I hope to have a more basic barbecue dish so I can really understand how well they can work a smoker.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is located in Downtown Palm Harbor. Finally we have a great BBQ place in the area. ***Delicious food and great staff*** We have been coming back 3 times since they opened. On their opening day (Memorial Day), all Managers and staff came together from the Living Room and the Black Pearl Restaurants. They all made sure there were no hiccups, and...what an awesome team :). We felt in love with the brisket and collard green. Even the fries and the tots are delicious. We’ve had smoked chicken wings, deviled eggs, pimento poppers, rocky reef amberjack spread, Limp Brisket, Dust til Dawn Meyers Brisket, and pulled pork sandwich. Totally recommended. It’s a kids and pets friendly place. Has a backyard area with corn holes and some outdoor games. We’ll definitely be back, and will be bringing more friends here. Thank you

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, this place has excellent NON generic food. We were partially disappointed because they ran out of a lot of stuff that was on the menu. They need to find a way to avoid this problem. All of the food was very tasty. I know the server was saying that they were going to take the chicken dish off the menu, please don't. That will be a huge hit. Just find a way to keep it on the menu.
The deviled eggs were delicious and the beet salad was very tasty.
Service was soso, our waitress seemed more occupied with another waiter and some of her friends to be attentive to our table.
We will definitely be back to give this another try in the future. Hopefully all the kinks are worked out by then

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved Catcher in the Rye and it was sold and now is called Iron Oak. All new staff, we miss our fav bartender (boo hoo). We went about 5:30 had dinner and drinks, couldn't get a seat at the bar so we had a high top inside. We were told they had 1/2 price happy hour well drinks. Food was good. I had a dinner of all three barbeque meats with the sauce on top of fries with gouda and other cheeses. Very big portion, very filling, very delicious - had to take more than 1/2 home for leftovers. Kind of disappointed because we were charged 7 bucks for our well drinks - the specialty drinks were only 9-12 bucks. I think the waitress forgot to give us 1/2 off. Should have paid better attention - didn't think ablout it til later. That's the only reason I'd not give it a 5.