The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$251
US$198
Official Website
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$128
  • Restaurant
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Pool
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$270
US$216
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
The Breakers(Palm Beach)
US$655
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown(West Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$108
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorperfect locationbed and breakfastgolden retrieverwithout breaking the bankwithin walking distancebeach chairs and towelsceiling fancomfortable roomstayed here for nightsthis lovely hotelper daychapmancaitlinoceanlinenssaks
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Sorry but no. I’m sorry to say it but anyone that reviews this place as a nice bed and breakfast hasn’t had much experience or has very low standards.

I had a significant lapse of judgment in booking our stay at the Palm Beach Historic Inn. I thought this would be a quaint alternative to the high luxury of the Breakers for our first anniversary. The hotel might have been decent in the 1920s but now it is in need of renovation, demolition or condo conversion. The walls are paper thin. You hear full conversations from hallway to rooms and visa versa. Everytime a door shuts, it sounds like yours. Bring earplugs.

There is no central air and while the window unit kept us comfortable, it was at the cost of not hearing each other speak (though not loud enough to drown out the noise from the hallway and the other rooms).

Our room was very clean and very modest. 1970s bamboo-style roll-shades were mounted over the window. Bring eyeshades. The room was very small and the bathroom old and plain. There was nothing to soften the chalky, white walls of the box-shaped bedroom; nothing historic, nothing quaint or cozy. A cheap ceiling fan with flourescent bulbs hung over our plain but comfortsble king-sized bed.

Outside, a sign portrays the Inn as a bed & breakfast. This is not accurate. Neither the bedrooms nor the cold, continental breakfast qualify.

Note also that they have no valet and no parking lot. I was told to fend for myself to find a spot on the street. If I found a spot, I was told that I would have to move it in an hour and find another spot due to time restrictions. Not what I want to be dealing with.

But wait, there’s more ... The Inn is about 50 feet from the fire station and about 100 feet from the police department. Pray there are no sirens in the middle of the night.

I really thought this would be a cute little B&B experience surrounded by all the Island has to offer but I was wrong. Mea culpa. Get this. I paid $320 for this stay. We left and happily slept in our own beds. I do have to send an apologetic shout-out to Anthony who seemed to manage the place. He was gracious and very nice to us but we will not be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
PBHInn, General Manager at Palm Beach Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your review Scott and your kind words about my management. Clearly our property was not what you where looking for and we recognize that as well. As a new manager you will get no argument the property needs work but that is why I was brought on to fix those things. We have big plans, budgets, and contracts signed to complete major work now that we are going into the off season. Our affordable rates compared to other properties is why guest stay with us. I want to just make a few points, we do only have a continental breakfast. We don't advertise anywhere that we are a bed and breakfast, the wording has been deleted from every since place it ever existed. We don't have an elevator and the only cooling is window AC's. We specifically tell people we have two spots for parking if they are available and your vehicle fits. We tell our guest everywhere we can about the difficulty parking in Palm Beach, anywhere. Unless you pay for parking you will likely fight to find street parking. I push back on the notion that we tell our guest to fend for themselves. We have never and will never treat our guest that way, we can however only do so much when guest don't want to pay for parking with us or the near by lot. We don't have most of the amenities that the bigger properties have but then you pay for those things. Due to the historical nature of our building there are many things we can't change that we would like to. I ask that anyone who books our property read all reviews and our website and educate themselves on who we are to ensure we will meet their needs and if you have any questions to contact us directly. I have been in this business for over 20 years and my guest are the most important thing to me. They will always have the ability to speak freely to me about their experience because its from that feedback we get better. My team and I never see feedback as negative, it's an opportunity to grow and be better. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and wish you luck finding another hotel in town that fits your needs more directly if you return, most importantly, we hope despite your experience you will return to our lovely town!
Kindest Regards,
Anthony De Jacimo, GM

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights for a vacation. The location is ideal! The staff are very responsive to guest needs and will do everything they can to make your stay a pleasant one. I recommend renting a bike from the hotel and biking around the Intercoastal and on Ocean Drive.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here three nights. The location is great for central Palm Beach, but the accommodation is little more than a youth hostel (no elevator, very insecure door locks, no sound insulation, in window AC). It was clean but very noisy inside - I could hear the couple next door speaking to each other and my room was above a gym that woke me up at 6 am with the sounds of weights. There was no customer service. No one on site when I arrived late and no one at the desk when I left at 8 am. Called for a receipt but they said they couldn’t produce one.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I stayed here for a week on a solo vacation. I woke up sick the day after I arrived and I can tell you, if you have to be sick, do it at an inn like this. My king size bed was super comfy, the room was clean, and the staff were great. They were very friendly and helpful with regards to getting around and finding all the best sights and dining options. I was also able to order an in-suite massage with their help. If you like boutique hotels, and want to be able to walk to the beach, shopping, and dining without breaking the bank, this is the spot for you!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashley H
Palm Beach H, General Manager at Palm Beach Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you Ashley for your very kind review...we so much appreciate the thought and effort it takes. We obviously hate that you where sick while here but more importantly you had as well. We work hard to make everyone feel like a part of our family. That is the great thing about small boutique hotel such as ours. We realize that we are unique in the market and it is the thing that set us apart in many ways. Thank you again for the recommendation and we look forward to your return soon, and this time without the sick part. Best Wishes...

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Overall Hotel is small , but the location is very strategic , i think that is the reason which justified me paying 289$ per day. Hotel Staff Good , Gas Station in front , have groceries as well, beach 20 meters away,

Room Tip: location justifies its high cost
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family