“Excellent food and Service”
Review of Acqua

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Acqua
Ranked #64 of 80 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Reviewed 5 April 2021

I had the veal chop ot was cooked to perfection and my girlfriend had a beautiful branzino that they filleted for us all in all great experience food wise and service wise

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 7 September 2020

What a DISASTER !!! I would give NO stars if that was an option. I went with my wife and a few friends to celebrate my wife's birthday. Everything was terrible. The waiter was inexperienced, but at least tried. Nobody knew what wine they had - all we wanted was a bottle of California Chardonay. I chose one from the menu. The waiter offered us a taste. We didn't like it. Then the waiter announces that the sampled Chardonay wasn't the one requested !! So why didn't he say so.
The manager was friendly, but didn't know what wine they had. Finally they offered us a bottle of more expensive wine, at the same price. Great. However we ordered a second bottle - after a while the waiter said they had no more, nor did they have any of the original wine offered !! I gave up and said to forget it - we drank water. They tried to pacify us by providing, on the house, fried calamari, which was rock hard. The accompanying tomato sauce was good.

Next disaster. The manager, trying to appease us, offered us all a glass of champagne. The waiter arrived with 6 glasses on a tray. After placing
2 or 3 glasses on the table, the waiter dropped the tray behind my mother in law, completely dousing the back of her blouse with champagne and smashing all remaining glasses on the floor. Needless to say, she wasn't a happy camper. The manager didn't even offer to pay for dry cleaning.

On to the food. The soup was good. Then it went downhill. We were given 2 different menu's. One had Chilean Sea Bass, the others had Halibut. The waiter couldn't tell us why. Three of us ordered Halibut, medium. We received Chilean Sea Bass - all UNDERCOOKED - and priced higher than the Halibut we ordered. One was so raw, it was sent back, the other two didn't waste their time to send back to re cook. Pretty average taste. One salmon was ordered. The menu showed Atlantic WILD salmon. As everyone knows, only farm raised salmon comes from the Atlantic. The waiter had no idea and the manager gave us some convoluted explanation. Anyway, the salmon was ordered medium, but came mushy and tasteless. We love sushi, but this was half cooked tasteless mush. Another guest ordered a hamburger, medium. It came very well done and tasted of pure salt. After a few bites she gave up. Only one guest was happy - she enjoyed the grilled octopus.

We obviously won't be back, which is too bad. The restaurant has a great upbeat look and a small, but interesting menu. If the waiters are better trained and a new chef hired who knows how to cook, maybe the restaurant can be "saved".

Bottom line - there are numerous great restaurants within half a mile of this restaurant - go the any one of them them and enjoy great food.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 19 July 2020

First timer here...Loved all of it! We ordered several of their appetizers, dinners, and desserts! We were not let down and the presentation does not lack !!! Staff was very friendly and attentive. We felt the establishment was very clean and safe and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend and we will definitely be eating there again soon ! Great addition to the area!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

I really wanted this place to be good, and it was awful.
My wife ordered the filet, which came out first well done when ordered medium; second time after a lengthy wait came out raw. The third time was not a charm and the steak tasted worse than a Sizzler.
The waitress looked like she responded to a dog whistle, because when she finally came over to the table she had a puzzled look on her face.

My meal was sitting for about 45 minutes (the cioppino) was cold waiting for my wife’s steak to come out for the third time.
The manger tried and brought me a hot cioppino and it was adequate at best. They did take the steak off the check. We brought the steak home and we’re not sure if our dog will eat it.

Unfortunately, they will not see this face again.

Date of visit: March 2020
3  Thank howard g
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

My friend and I ate at Acqua for the first time this evening. We read the previous review and wondered what we would encounter. The food was very good. I had a medium rare hamburger cooked perfectly. The french fries were delicious. My friend ordered spaghetti with oysters and enjoy it. The side of spinach was flavorful with bits of garlic. We ate at the bar so we did not have to wait for a table. The bar service was excellent and the bartender was very pleasant. We enjoyed our meal. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: February 2020