“2nd to the best time ever!”

Black Hammock Adventures
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Oviedo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Black Hammock Adventures is an exciting "Real Florida" lakeside experience like nowhere else just outside the City Beautiful, Orlando! Our airboat rides will take you on a thrilling exploration of Lake Jesup which has the largest alligator population in Florida. Our airboats are U.S. Coast Guard approved and driven by Licensed Master Captains. Every airboat tour includes your own personalized photo (with your own camera) holding our resident baby gator, Lucy. Get 10% at the Black Hammock Restaurant using your airboat ride ticket stub. Great for the whole family! Our on-site restaurant serves up your favorite Florida delicacies fresh daily. Try our Catfish Nuggets, Gator Bites, or Bangin' Shrimp! The Lazy Gator bar is open seven days a week and serves 2-4-1 Margaritas all day every day. Book your event with us! Our venue provides a unique backdrop for your corporate outing, birthday, field trip and much more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived for a an airboat ride to cool off.
Cap'n Ron greeted us at the dock with a huge smile and told us we were going to have a smooth ride. Cruised through the open waters, over the brush through the swamps with a great cooling breeze blowing on my face the whole time. I felt like a cool piece of mint sliding down a wet slippery stem. I had a great time. My wife could not believe how great it was!
Thanks you Black Hammock and Cap'n Ron!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"central florida"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This guy!! The best. Very funny and knew lots about the wildlife in the area...even the snakes hanging from the trees! Haha. We had a great time on the boat. We got there early enough to see several gators in the water, and one was quite large. We saw that big boy before we even boarded the boat. Captain Steve even convinced me to hold a cute little alligator at the end of our trip. Hopefully when we return we can schedule another trip with our Captain. This was a great experience and much enjoyed.

1  Thank Jamie F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re going to take an airboat ride, make sure to ask for Captain Ron! We got up close to more than a dozen gators and even a water snake! He even knew the history of the river and all it’s critters! The ride was smooth and relaxing with a side of exciting and OMG A GATOR! I’ll definitely be back!

1  Thank Shanna B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Ron is the Man!! He has earned his title for sure! So knowledgeable & patient, great tour of amazing wildlife and so much fun!! My nephews had a blast and I felt so safe having my 2 year old on the airboat. Thanks for a great day & memory Black Hammock and thank you Captain Ron

1  Thank angelaM9016WW
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

n response to Gary H.
Please know the true facts, he states he went on line the night before to make reservations for a 9AM 30 min.ride, We open at 9 and saw the reservation he made as soon as we got there at 9 AM.
Unfortunately we also had 10 people reserved for the 1st. ride out 9:30 AM for 1 hour.
Gary H. was offered the 1hour ride @ 9:30 for the 30 min. price but he declined, he failed to mention that in his review.
Also it had flooded the day before and things were moved around a bit so a few things were misplaced including the boat key's. He must have overheard a conversation I was having in frustration but I never spoke to Gary H.
I apologize and in hind sight I should have went somewhere private to talk. We found the key's and the boat departed at 9:40, 10 mins. late not 1 hour and we had a great ride, Gary H. chose not to go.
Please know Joel and I have been working together for 6 years and I respect him and his business and always will, Gary H’s statement could not be further from the truth.
We also gave over 100 people a ride that very same day with all having fun and without a glitch.
Sometimes things happen beyond our control but we alway's try the make them right.
Gary H. wanted nothing to do with that.

Sincerely