Reviews (3 521)
3 521 results
2 193
2 193
All reviews water taxi city walk guest house rum bar trading company cabana bay barn door royal pacific lagoon view pool area universal orlando kids suite life guards grab and go express pass fire pit beautiful hotel
445 - 450 of 3 521 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stayed at the resort for two day in mid June of this year. We were there for a whirlwind birthday trip.

The reason I write this-- besides the beautiful resort, the staff, and the water taxi to Universal-- I had the best costumer service I've ever had from a Front Desk attendant. His name is Brandon Crain and he was beyond helpful, generous, and pleasant to talk to and work with. He made our experience one of a kind. I can't thank him enough.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley L
Larry B, General Manager at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Ashley L, Thank you so much for sharing this outstanding feedback on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that our wonderful Team Members were able to extend you such a memorable stay and went so far above and beyond your expectations. We will be sure to commend Brandon for always putting our guests first and helping make your stay something truly special. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

For those who want a short review:
This hotel is definitely underwhelming if you go on the pictures and read a lot of the 5 star reviews. I feel like their holiday in general at Universal and in Orlando helps them forget the let downs of the hotel. We're not particularly picky and don't stay at 5* hotels around the world but this is clearly below average for the area.

For those who want a detailed review:
The hotel is ok. Just ok. I wouldn't return, not for any awful experience or particular reason, but because for the price it is just not worth it.

We were placed in the guest house 2 which I would highly recommend you ask not to be placed in. For some strange reason the designers of this hotel have managed to completely mess up getting around from this block. To get to the main restaurant and to travel to Universal/CityWalk you have to take 2 elevators just to get out of the hotel. The main elevator takes you to the lobby as the lowest floor (floor 4) and then you must take a further one down to the exit. Note that for the other guest houses their lift goes all the way.

We always found the staff to be very friendly from check-in, check-out and the shops/restaurants so I don't agree with those reviews that call this into question. Of course it depends on who you run in to but we never found any of the staff to be anything other than very attentive and easy to approach.

We had a lovely meal at the main restaurant on our first day as we wanted to try it out after a long day at the theme parks. The food was very nice (despite the fact our mains came while we were still eating our starters) and it wasn't that expensive considering we had both. The staff in this restaurant were very friendly, however, when we came for Breakfast I was outraged at the price for what you get. Firstly, even though you can order full lovely breakfast meals from room service, in the restaurant all they offer is a buffet. The buffet options are extremely limited such as 1 sauce for pancakes, 1 type of egg etc so when we got the bill and saw $25 per head I couldn't believe it, it is scandalous. Perhaps they need to make up costs for the small number of people who eat their weight in hashbrowns but it is far too expensive for the average customer. We didn't eat there again.

The "starbucks style" cafe and convenience was a handy place to go to grab something small to eat but, again, the prices were outrageous. Small fruit pots? $8. A standard bottle of diet cola? $4 Quiet unnecessary that they feel the need to charge you so much when the hotel itself is high up there in the area.

Our room was a good size in my opinion, more than enough space to get around although the lack of a balcony or even a window was yet another strange hotel design. To add to to the strange design, the bathroom has a sliding, unlock-able door that you can see through from the inside and out. The size of the bathroom (toilet and shower) is possibly smaller than the size for the sink which is just outside the bathroom in the open. I really don't know who they paid to design this hotel but they should not use them again.

The amenities in the room were fine, (as always) a slow-to-cool mini fridge, coffee machine and ironing board. Having an ice room on each floor where you could quickly and easily go and grab your own was a nice touch. The beds were comfy and the pillows fine, some people must be very picky as I've read many reviews talking about the ins and the outs of the bedding here, it's just standard.

Housekeeping was rather underwhelming too, we tipped well as is standard but it was begrudgingly by the end of the week as often even rubbish wouldn't have been taken that was in plain view and cleaning was definitely a dash job. Thinking back I only ever saw one cleaning trolley on the floor for all those rooms, maybe they are overworked and that's why but it wasn't great.

Overall it seems they are eagerly trying to recover the costs of building this hotel as everything is just so expensive, most of the time needlessly, and it does let down the experience when you are charged $8 for a stale chocolate muffin. Definitely needs work and I don't see this hotel being able to compete with the others if they don't want to address issues like these.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in guest house 1 or 3, guest house 2 requires you taking two lifts to get to the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HSandler97
Larry B, General Manager at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

HSandler97, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to rate our hotel on Tripadvisor! Your comments are duly noted and have already been passed on to their respective Directors. We take our guest comments very seriously and your candid feedback is much appreciated! Thank you again for your detailed review and we hope to welcome you back to the Islands soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The only disappointment to our stay was the price of parking at the hotel/resort. Everything else was exceptional. The ability to text message with the hotel staff exceeded my expectations and made our interaction very pleasant. Great innovative thinking!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank mvii75

Mvii75, thank you so much for sharing this outstanding 5 Star review on Trip Advisor! We are so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us here at Sapphire Falls. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed this hotel. I stayed in guest house 2 and found it an inconvenient location. We had to take one elevator to the lobby and switch elevators to get to the water taxi or pool areas. Guest house 3 seemed to avoid this. Loved the lush, tropical feel. Convenient water taxi (operates if not raining) and many restaurant options we enjoyed. This was a strong point. Room was smaller than average and the spacious restroom and entry area was a waste. More attention to room space would have been nice. Beds were great! Pillows not! Pool area and Drum restaurant was amazing, but very full with kids. I booked this to avoid the kiddie crowds at other hotels, but that did not work so much. My favorite thing was the views.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank annU9647FG
Larry B, General Manager at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

annU9647FG, thank you for your review from your recent stay here at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort! We are delighted that you enjoyed our close proximity to the parks, comfort of our rooms and on-site restaurants. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back for a future stay!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I have to admit I have changed my mind on what star rating to give a few times for reasons I will list below. Firstly the setting of the hotel and the location is great and all the staff we dealt with were great and very helpful. The room was fine and adequate and the ease to get to City Walk and the other parks is also great. I would have given it 5 stars if it had been based on this alone.

The room was clean and tidy on our arrival however the cleaning of the room by the cleaning staff was very hit and miss! On 5 occasions during our 14 night stay our room was not serviced. It took until the second to last day for it to be hoovered and when it took nearly 3 days to have our room cleaned I very nearly went down to complain which I very rarely do as I'm a very patient person the maid then arrived as we had been using the same towels for those days. The cleaning seemed to be just changing the towels and re-making the bed. The bed sheets however were not changed for at least 8/9 days as my wife's make up had gone on the bed sheet and we noticed for that period that the bed was being remade however with no new clean bed sheets which I find unacceptable.

My second issue was the parking charges. Before checking out I wanted to get a final bill for the parking of our hire car, for the 14 night stay this came to €305 which is a bitter pill to swallow at the end of your holiday. I complained about the charges to the girl at the front desk and she was great and reduced it to the cost for 7 days which was far more acceptable. My only complaint about this was she stated that stays of more than 7 days do get a reduced cost for parking so why did it take me to complain about it as nothing was mentioned when checking in or out and so I wonder how often would the hotel hope that people pay it and don't complain about it to get the full cost.

These issues didn't ruin our stay we had a great honeymoon but I do feel it's something the hotel need to address given the cost to stay there and if had not been for the above reasons I would have undoubtedly given it 5 stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael G

Michael G, thank you for your candid review on your recent stay with us here at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed our close proximity to the parks, convenient transportation and that our team was extremely accommodating throughout your stay. We sincerely apologize for the housekeeping service issues you experienced throughout your stay and any misinformation provided regarding parking. We truly appreciate your feedback and will be providing the details with the appropriate teams. We hope to receive the opportunity to welcome you for a future stay.