Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (3 923)
3 923 results
2 009
1 066
2 009
1 066
All reviews kona cafe volcano pool grand floridian hawaii building dole whip magic kingdom great ceremonial house transportation center tonga toast spirit of aloha capt cooks oasis pool disney world monorail line dvc studio club level monorail access
Selected filters
15 - 20 of 3 923 reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2021

So my husband and I knew it was under construction so that is what the 1 star is for. However, we had a few problems while staying there. We paid full rack rate which we have never done before and this was our 4th time attempting to stay here. We had our three kids with us as well. We were told that we would have housekeeping each day, on the second day my husband went to talk to the front desk and he was told "Oh well, here is your towels." He also told them that the sink in the kitchen portion of our unit was not functioning at all. Still got the same response. This was important to us with so many in our room and cleaning up food dishes/etc and our water bottles from the park and it was not useable at all. We also had a major issue at the Quick Service in the resort. We had done mobile order ahead of time and sat 1 hour after our time. While we watched others order at the counter and get it within 10 minutes. We also did an in room survey expressing these issues for the second time during our stay and never heard anything. Very disappointed in such an expensive resort.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank swkr2be
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent visit to Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. You are correct that this Resort is going through some extensive refurbishments that will bring new and exciting elements for our Guests. I want to apologize that any of these ongoing projects had impacts during your visit.

I'm also very sorry to read that you had several hiccups during your visit. It's completely understandable that when you check into your room that it is in perfect working condition allowing for maximum comfort and relaxation. It's disheartening to read that you had concerns with your housekeeping service and a maintenance issue with the sink inside your room. Additionally, I want to apologize for the delay with your Mobile Order from Capt. Cook's. We added the Mobile Order feature to our Quick Service locations to make ordering more efficient and it appears we dropped the ball on your experience. Please accept my apologies and please know that I will be sharing all of your feedback with the appropriate Leadership teams.

Thank you again and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Betty
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2021

The Polynesian is easily the worst value for money of Disney area resorts my family has stayed in, and does not come close to an objective “deluxe” standard. My family has stayed at off-site resorts and other Disney resorts (i.e. All-Star Movies, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation, Beach Club, and Coronado Springs). The Polynesian does not provide deluxe service and accommodations for deluxe prices charged. It would be more adequate for Disney to cut the room rate in half and call this a moderate resort. Our family agreed that the Poly is “one and done” for us.

Pros:
*Appearance of grounds
*Convenient boat service to Magic Kingdom. Did not wait longer than 10 minutes. Friendly boat staff
*Tasty food at Kona Café. Poke bowl was great but surprised at the small portion compared to other Disney food establishments that give large portions (sometimes too large). Friendly hostess and waitress
*Fun evening marsh mellow roasting
*Entertaining evening water parade and Magic Kingdom fireworks with show audio
*Convenient fold out cabinet bed and fold out couch bed in room
*Comfortable bed
*Nice stand-up shower
*Resort staff accommodated our early check-in
*Nice pool
*Goofy and Donald Duck posted outside of our resort building one random morning

Cons:
*No valet car service
*No bell/luggage service
*Check-in staff appeared confused about distributing leis and providing welcome information
*Furniture scratched and dinged
*Malfunctioning shower wand
*Splatters of white paint on the walls in one of the bathrooms (appears like sloppy work and not for aesthetics)
*No bath robe
*One of the bathroom door locks did not work
*No room cleaning
*Balcony parking lot view unappealing
*Balcony view from chair is of the board railing
*No monorail service
*Resort building carpet worn and appears to need replacing
*No on-site fitness center. Must walk to Grand Floridian, which has bare minimum equipment that is not enough for the number of guests
*No marina boat rentals
*Captain Cook’s food overpriced (even by Disney World standards) and lacked aesthetic appeal and lacked appealing taste. Tonga toast looked disgusting, had little taste, and was dry—I’m not sure why this gets rave reviews from other guests
*Kona Café restaurant lacked enough staff to service tables adequately.

Room tip: Choose a different resort.
Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank Traveldadvisor
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

I appreciate you taking the time to share a review of your recent experience. Though I am happy to read that you had some positives sprinkled throughout your stay, I'm very sorry that you had just as many concerns that had an impact as well. We always want to create a fantastic experience for all of our Guests and I am very sorry this stay wasn't all you were hoping for.

Please know that this Resort is going through some renovations that will bring many new, magical experiences to our Guests. We try our best to ensure that these renovations will have as little impact on our Guests' experiences as possible but it appears you truly felt the difference. I suggest when planning your next visit to the Walt Disney World Resort that you keep an eye on our website as this is where we make the most updated information available to our Guests about changes in offerings and current renovations. This should help lead you toward the perfect locale for your family's comfort.

Thank you again for your review. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Betty
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2021

Love this resort! They have a store called Moans Mercantile which is upstairs. They sell Once Upon A Vine wine! I had purchased this before in the Grand Floridian but was so happy to find this here! Disney is the only place I’ve ever seen! Big Bad Red blend $17. Zinfandel $17.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 4 July 2021

To the % of people that know these reviews are for the open minded traveller and not to suit the employees owners and management, don't support this commercialization. Don't stay here if you resonate with what I'm saying . What the employees and owners respond with means not one iota if neutral people with options and aren't paid what to think are saying the place sucks. The renovations are tasteless and the architects or anything close to matching that didn't partake in the renovations- tangeroa terrace last I saw had been converted into a housekeeper lounge. If they renovate again can they give it to the lifeguard girls after they take out all the refrigerators and microwaves? The architect's son before he died said the resort has gone to sh*t . You see this commonly but it isnt an excuse. The service and quality of staff has also become substantially worse as has the correctness of the food and merchandise matching the south seas motiff. The place used to have ok people and it's been replaced with disney dorks with no social life. Everything is a JOB as though you're the employee. No I'm not giving you personal info to book a table at your ikea restaurant , no I"m not answering your questions , and no you don't tell me what to do. Next: the music...or lack thereof. Then the scent of the hotel : it's been removed.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 0Haus
Reviewed 20 May 2021

Loved the customer service and rooms were very spacious; however, I did upgrade to concierge. The concierge food was not remarkable (Note: Animal Kingdom has the best concierge food hands down now having experienced Concierge at a variety of Disney properties). Travel to and from park was very simple. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2020