Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
US$137
US$207
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$154
Agoda.com
US$192
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
Reviews (3 495)
3 495 results
1 756
1 756
All reviewskona cafevolcano poolhawaii buildingmagic kingdomgreat ceremonial housedole whiptransportation centertonga toastepcot monorailohana restaurantoasis poolcapt cookscinderella's castledisney worlddvc studioseven seas lagoonclub level
FilterAll languages
19 - 24 of 3 495 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Polynesian as part of our split stay Disney vacation. We were super excited to be at such an iconic place located so close to the magic kingdom. However, during our stay, we quickly learned the poly is not for us. It’s just too crowded and outdated (meaning the rooms, carpet, etc as we fully like the retro and Polynesian style theming) for the price paid.

Pros:
1. Location, location, location
2. Happy Polynesian theming
3. Water views

Cons:
1. Price - it’s easily the price of fine hotels without the service
2. Poor mousekeeping - does not come early in day so you can return to an unfresh room and when they do come, they spend just a few mins doing bare essentials and not replacing things like cups for coffee—the rooms are already not the cleanest (eg carpets and floors, cobwebs all over balcony) and with such limited service they don’t really get much cleaner
3. Crowds - pools are beautiful but wall to wall kids and adults so we didn’t really use them much
4. Service - because the place is so in demand, they don’t have to try much on service-if you don’t like your room location, you just have to deal with it; no offering of celebration buttons; no above and beyond like we had experienced at our moderate hotel we stayed at the other half of the trip
5. Smoking-biggest con! Most all buildings have designated smoking areas that you have to walk through and the smoke comes in through vents leaving a generally smoky place/feeling...it fits the retro theming but was a big surprise to me to have so limited options to be away from smoke

We wouldn’t stay there again, maybe grand Floridian, but not the poly as we like a more relaxing vacation. However, The poly is great for those who enjoy large Disney crowds and like interacting with the same large crowds at their resort when they return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank miolet
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for taking a moment to share some pros and cons about your stay at the Polynesian. When I was little and visiting the Walt Disney World Resort, we vacationed just like you, with split stays. It’s a great way to try out many different Resorts and find the best ones that you will love for years to come. I’m sorry to learn your visit to the Polynesian didn’t leave you feeling like it was all it was chalked up to be. While it definitely boasts a beautiful locale, I can totally understand it’s not for everyone.

One thing that is particularly disheartening is the lack of service and housekeeping services that you received during your stay. No matter which Resort you stay at, impeccable Guest service and neat and tidy housekeeping should be a constant. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention as we can’t assist with what we don’t know. I will be sure to share your review with our Resort Leaders so they can ensure we are only providing the top notch services we are so well known for.

I can’t wait to see how the second half of your stay went and where you and your family will stay next on your quest to find that Resort sweet spot.

Brittany

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time staying at the Polynesian resort. Loved the bag check before getting on the monorail. No waiting for buses, but did not like the change over to go to Epcot. There should be an easier way to change over to other monorail. The hotel itself: food at quick service could be a lot better. The cheaper resorts have an actual food court and this resort did not even have great bake good in the morning or a large menu. I did see a few bugs in our room, but this is Florida. Does not have a gym. I would not stay here again unless I want to be on the monorail. We had to travel for all meals, including snacks and breakfast. In my opinion this resort needs to be rehab and brightened up.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mafrompa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We rented DVC (Disney Vacation Points) for our last Disney Vacation. It ended up being about half of the going rate for the hotel. We arrived early afternoon and we already had a text that our room was ready. We had magic bands so we could go right to our room. The room was in the Moorea building. It had a small kitchenette and 1 1/2 bathrooms. These rooms have recently been renovated. One bathroom has the bath tub, sink and toilet and the other 1 has a sink and shower. There's plenty of storage and a safe. We were on the first floor so we had a doorwall and a small patio. All and all i thought the building could have been up dated with new carpet. For the price charged it was o.k. I know we were at Disney but to pay over $400 a night it should have been more deluxe. The restaurants are really expensive also!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paula L

I just recently read a review about the Villas at the Polynesian that mentioned the multi-bathroom layout, and I have to say I can’t stop thinking about it. Growing up, I remember having to plan out times when people would wake up to shower and get ready for the day, and had we had that second bathroom, I could have gotten a lot more sleep! It is such an added convenience for families or even couples alike. Time is of the essence while visiting as it seems there is always a FastPass+ selection or dining reservation that is on the horizon, so I just love that they added that in.

I’m sorry the feel of the room and the amenities of the Resort didn’t quite live up to the same standards. We always want to make sure we are providing everything you might need, and those little extra fun things too, making sure your stay is nothing less than magical. I appreciate you taking the time to share your honest opinions with us. I look forward to getting a chance to read more reviews from you and your family in the future.

Brittany

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful spring. The weather was perfect. We spent 2 days in the parks and 2 days by the pool. The service everywhere on the property was excellent, from the bellman, housekeeping, room service, bartenders and at the sushi bar. The property is kept so neat and clean. All of the staff is so friendly. I can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard deluxe room facing the pool. It was perfect for 4 of us. Very roomy and a nice view.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank tkennedyr
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is WORTH THE PRICE! I second-guessed it for years and stayed off-property and at some of the value resorts. Sure, they were great fun, but Poly is a cut above and worth every dime. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful, but not intrusive. We dined at The Kona Cafe - it was good, but I think Ohana would have been better (I waited too long to make a reservation - seems like about 6-7 months out even in Winter is necessary for Ohana.) You have several transport options (boat/monorail/shuttle) or you can walk to MK. The view of the fireworks from the beach is awesome!

Room Tip: Try to book a Longhouse furthest from the Great Ceremonial house - Aotearoa is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Momma2LBP

What an incredible way to celebrate an incredible milestone! We’re touched to have hosted your family for such a special celebration; thank you for sharing this time with us. It’s also wonderful to know that our Cast Members were just the right amount of present, helping when needed and not detracting from your experience.

Even though you can see Cinderella Castle in all its splendor, almost close enough to touch it seems, Magic Kingdom isn’t quite accessible for a quick walk, however you’re absolutely right about the availability of the monorail or even a breezy boat ride to take you right to the magic! I’m delighted that you found these options to be readily available.

I’m sorry your ‘ohana wasn’t able to experience our ‘Ohana this time, but I’m glad Kona Café stepped up and provided a nice place for some tasty selections. Advanced Dining Reservations are quite important, but I always suggest Guests continue to look if there’s somewhere they really want to dine – sometimes the most unexpected reservations become available at the most unexpected time.

Be sure you sail back to our paradise again soon for another spectacular view of the fireworks over Magic Kingdom. We’ll be waiting to welcome you to our warm shores!

Holly