Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (3 923)
3 923 results
2 009
1 066
2 009
1 066
All reviews kona cafe volcano pool grand floridian hawaii building dole whip magic kingdom great ceremonial house transportation center tonga toast spirit of aloha capt cooks oasis pool disney world monorail line dvc studio club level monorail access
Selected filters
1 840 - 1 845 of 3 923 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

We came to the Polynesian with high hopes. My family and I had been saving up to bring my son and father here for their birthdays. Since the resort is close to the parks location is great but to our disbelief what was suppose to be fun and relaxing turned into a nightmare. We arrived booked in with friendly staff we are excited we get to our rooms and we can't get in no problem we go ask for help they tell us some one is coming 2 hrs later still waiting in the hall way now with a sleeping 3 yr old in my arms after a 30 something hour flight. They open the door tell me they will fix the problem in the morning. So next day we leave early my husband has to run back to the room around 11am door still no fixed he waits outside again then at he goes back about two hours later the door still not fixed we get home at 10pm the door still not fixed we wait another 2 hours outside our room to be let in again they finally fix the door. great we can now relax and enjoy ourselves wrong. We leave our room the next day at about 8 am gone all day return at 6 pm our room hasn't been cleaned or made. No I would t be upset if the price of the hotel wasn't so expensive but you are paying through the nose for the Polynesian and for the amount of money I am paying this hotel is so not worth the price. Even though the location. Is great I don't think we will be staying here again

13  Thank PaulaC597
Reviewed 24 April 2015

The Polynesian is simpy beautiful! The tropical theming is really lovely. Being on the monorail was the biggest perk for us with 2 small children. It was down one day which stunk but the bus got us to MK pretty quickly. Our room was spacious and clean and mousekeeping did a good job. Although they came at weird hours (like 3:30 when our daughter was napping). We had requested a 3rd Fl room with balcony and were dissapointed to learn that we were assigned a 2nd floor room. However, a call to the front desk remedied this and we were soon in a room with a balcony :) There was some construction going on but it didn't bother us. We were still able to enjoy peaceful afternoon naps every day. A couple of quirky things in the room: there was a weird, repetitive noise in the bathroom that sounded like something dripping but we couldn't find anything. It seemed to be coming from the vent. We never did call about getting it looked at. Also, the clock radio was set to the wrong time and 3 of us could not figure out how to set it to the correct time. So we had to use our phones to see what time it was. The beds were very comfortable and I always feel right to sleep (of course hours in a theme park in the hot FL sun helps with that too!)
Capt. Cooks, which is the quick service restaurant was run well and clean. But the offerings became old fast. We wish they had more choices. Kona Cafe was amazing and we enjoyed dinner and 2 breakfasts there. We also enjoyed Ohana.
We enjoyed the movies on the beach and the electrical water pageant. The pool was refreshing and not too crowded. They opened the kid's area the day after we left. So we will have to come back to try it out.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would come back again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Jackie2157
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Just got back from Poly. Stayed a night in a DVC studio on the second floor near the west end of Moorea longhouse. Great view over tops of bungalows with castle in full view. Only problem was near construction going on at adjacent longhouse. "Gently" complained to the very apologetic and accommodating manager about the construction noise starting early the next morn, and given the free upgrade of a lifetime with our 2 remaining nights in a Bora Bora bungalow #7001. Twas the best thing I've ever had happen to me at Disney since becoming a proud Disney Vacation Club member 20yrs ago. Truly a magical, phenomenol, stupendous, (insert any other way-positive adjective here) stay! Once all construction is done, it (the entire resort) will be truly over the top!!

Room tip: All bungalows with great views (obviously ;) Bungalow 7001 on west end with great (!) unobstructed views of sunsets, wedding chapel, Grand Floridian, Polynesian volcano/pool, etc., etc. You will hear the Poly to MK ferry horn whenever docking until stops for the night (I use sound machine whenever I travel anyway, so no problem for me), but a small price to be paid if you want this truly phenomenal view bungalow!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank travlindoc-UT
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

The new DVC villas are beautiful. We were fortunate to have a lake view...and what a view it was! We could see the castle from our room! We were walking distance to the ticket and transportation center which made it easy to get to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
We had been warned that the morning noise from the ferry was very loud and annoying. We heard it, but it never bothered us. We enjoyed watching the ferry load and unload.
The rooms are very nice and seem spacious. We stayed in a studio. The bunk bed was large enough to sleep a 6 ft adult. We loved the shower, and while it had a extra shower, We would have preferred a extra toilet. I would have to say that house keeping at the resorts have slipped. Our room that was only 19 days old had a broken drawer and we found cookie crumbs on our sofa.
Overall it was a delight place and I can't wait to return!

11  Thank MDTour
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

This is my second time at this pretty hotel. My family and I always have a great time here. The staff is so amazing at trying to accommodate us. I usually book through hotels.com instead of through Disney (it's much cheaper). This past trip we asked to be moved close to our family that had reserved months in advance & staying in the new building & they did. Amazing. The ONLY complaint I had was that the sliding door lock didn't lock :/ luckily it's a good hotel with security but still you never know

Trip type: Travelled with family