“Food has really gone downhill”

50s Prime Time Cafe
Ranked #272 of 4 141 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 50's Prime Time Café serves classic American comfort food in a TV-themed setting. The restaurant sits across from Echo Lake in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.The 50's Prime Time Café menu includes family favorites like golden fried chicken, traditional meatloaf and pot roast, cooked the way Mom used to make it—that is, if Mom were a 1950s sitcom star.Be welcomed into Mom's family and feel at home in her kitchenette. But Mom expects you to mind your manners, so don't be surprised if she tells you to keep your elbows off the table. It's all part of the old-fashioned fun and gentle ribbing that's served up along with the food.TV Tables and Tune-In LoungeFor a special treat at 50's Prime Time Café, grab a "TV Table" that seats up to 4 diners and has a television next to the table that broadcasts clips from popular prime time sitcoms circa 1955 including "Father Knows Best" and the original "Mickey Mouse Club."Bop into 50's Prime Time Café for lunch or dinner. Cocktails, wines by the glass and frosty beers are available from Mom for Guests 21 years of age and older, or relax in the Tune-In Lounge full-service bar and sip Dad's Electric Lemonade or Grandma's Picnic Punch.From the mid-50s knick-knacks and memorabilia that decorate this restaurant to the dessert menu displayed through viewfinder toys, nostalgia is the main ingredient at 50's Prime Time Café.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This had long been one of our favorites at the Studios. Prices have skyrocketed and portion size and quality have gone down. Got salad topped with veggies to start. Received a small plate of wilted and brown Iceberg lettuce with a couple of shreds of carrot on top. Ordered lasange and blue plate special barbecue pot roast for $ 28. I received 5 small slices more than half of which was fat. A tiny dried out scoop macaroni and cheese and a fork full of slaw. The lasanga was inedible- tasted like an entire box of salt had been poured on it. We sent it back. We each had 1 cocktail. Dinner without tip was over$100. Exhorbatent for what we ate

Write a ReviewReviews (3 206)

49 - 53 of 3 206 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had dinner here with friends as part of my Orlando trip, and have the say, its very surreal, you pretty much feel you've been transported back to the 50/60's, and each table zone area has a different kitchen theme and color, even having the wait for a few minutes for a table, felt like I was waiting in a 60's sitcom living room
food excellent, service fun, will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Just like Granma's - love the decor and the servers stay in character. The menu contains your all time favorite home cooked meals - Fried Chicken / Meatloaf /Pot roast to name a few. Portions are large and satisfying after a long day at the park. I never get tired of this place and remember - elbows off the tables!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Probably the worst Disney dining experience we've had and I've been visiting Disney annually for the past 20 years.
We were seated after a long wait time. The waitress we had was probably the rudest waitress I've ever had in a restaurant. Was so abrupt and slamming things on the table. She appeared to be having a bad day and made that very, very apparent in the rudest way possible. We could hear other waiters/waitresses being very polite to their customers and we were just left dumbfounded by the behaviour of this particular waitress.

The food was very mediocre at best. It pretty much came out instantly which makes me quite suspicious that it's microwaved. Tasted as such, anyway. Food is tasteless to the point my mum said she'd never want to eat fried chicken after that experience.
Definitely won't be going back.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have been going here since me and my brother's first Disney trip when I was 6. Everything is always so delicious! Fried Chicken, pot roast, onion rings, Cesar salad, and the red velvet milkshake (seasonal) are my favorites. It gives you that grandma's homemade cooking feel. On our last few trips we have had Loukili as our server each time and he is beyond amazing! He brings so much laughter to our family but when my brother accidentally left his retainer in a napkin (thus being thrown away at the restaurant) Loukili did all he could, dug through the trash and all, to find my brother's retainer. That was above and beyond kindness. We always have a fun time and our vacation isn't complete without a stop at 50's.