“Average just about describes it”
Review of Hanamizuki

Hanamizuki
Ranked #648 of 4 215 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stopped by here for a mid-week dinner. Fortunately, we were able to get a table despite not having reservations, especially since we had trouble finding it and were really tired after a day out in the heat and humidity. The food was very mediocre, and as another reviewer said, there was nothing bad about the food, but it just wasn't as great as expected. The one caution I would give is that they require a $15 per person minimum order (for dinner?)! Maybe I missed that printed on the menu or in the waiting area, but I was surprised. Also, the wait for a single sushi roll was about an hour even though the restaurant was not completely full. Perhaps the larger party of 10 people or so across the room ordered a ton of rolls? I don't think I would go back again, but if I did, I would definitely ask about the wait time for a sushi roll before getting a table. I would also have them confirm their $15/person minimum order. To me, a policy such as that should be clearly stated or posted in a very visible place.

The service was very mediocre. Seemed like requests for items, water, or the check were a little annoying to them.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Went to eat lunch at this restaurant with some colleagues and was less than impressed. There was nothing particularly terrible about it but just an overall impression.
The Good: The food was good and there was enough to satisfy a descent appetite.
The Bad: Service was less than stellar. At other Japanese restaurants, you are usually given a menu and a check sheet for sushi rolls. We finally got that check sheet after about 10 minutes of questions about it. When asking if fried rice could be substituted to white rice in a dish, we were told to just buy an additional side of white rice. The setting is very old and has not been updated in at least 10 years.
In summary, and to keep it short, not a place I will come back to for a while as there are many other great Japanese places to go to in Orlando.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Ok, I have to admit - I'm a Ramen fanatic. I lived throughout Asian for a year and had some of the best Ramen. Outside of Toto Ramen in NYC, Hanamizuki is the best I've had in the states.

The Ramen is hand-made and just the right texture. The broth...oh man...super tasty. Shoyu - pork melts in your mouth. Perfectly soft-boiled egg.

P.S. I ordered the "Super size" Did not need to. Regular size is big enough.

GO!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Ever since my first visit to Orlando I believe I've gone to Hanamizuki every time I've been down there. It feels kind of like a staple location for my friends and I to go to.

It's a small location located off of international drive, but they do boast some flavor. They have great Japanese food, including Ramen!

Speaking of Ramen, that's what I always get. They have it for lunch, and it's delicious. I get the shoyu tonkatsu Ramen, which is filled with char shu pork, bean sprouts, Narutomaki, bamboo shoots, scallions, an egg, and the delicious broth and noodles. I usually get the smoked salmon onigiri rice balls too, and they never disappoint!

Prices are great too, only about $10 for Ramen at lunch, and the bowls are big.

The only thing that brings me to a 4 out of 5 is that the service can be spotty, sometimes it's good sometimes its not, but I've always enjoyed my visits.

I'm sure I'll end up going back the next time I travel down!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

For a while, we didn’t returned to this place because for a Japanese run restaurant, it should be better. Now, i think it’s getting better. Both my wife and her friend enjoyed the sanma shioyaki teishoku and sake shioyaki teishoku. The variety of,dishes still amazes me. My Shoyu tonkatsu ramen was not up to my expectation. We enjoy going here to feel we are back in Japan. The quality may not be as high but this is after all Orlando.