“Magic Kingdom was not worth it”
Review of Magic Kingdom Park

Magic Kingdom Park
Ranked #5 of 455 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would not recommend Magic Kingdom as a magical place to visit. The park was packed, and we struggled to find the entrances to rides. When we asked cast members for directions, they just generically told us go that way, and half the time we ended up more lost in the crowd. Oh, and don't think you are getting a good seat for the fireworks unless you pay for a ticket. You have to be in special white lined areas now, and if one foot is outside the white line you get yelled at continuously by a cast member. And don't bother trying to hear the music. All you will here is people on portable loud speakers yelling: attractions this way, exit last way. My kids, my parents and my spouse were so disappointed. We didn't go back to Magic Kingdom the rest of the trip it was so aweful!

7  Thank czerwoce
Write a ReviewReviews (60 503)
All reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 1 440 reviews
"small world"
in 1 322 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 1 086 reviews
"seven dwarfs mine train"
in 523 reviews
"peter pan"
in 870 reviews
"magical place"
in 1 363 reviews
"main street"
in 1 349 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 1 177 reviews
"wait times"
in 912 reviews

259 - 263 of 60 534 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not a big fan of the newer past pass system. Lines and wait times were very long most of the time. Reminded me why I used to avoid Disney during the summer when I lived in Florida. Go in the off season!

4  Thank Marjorie S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

As much as I've visited Disney in the pass and have extremely enjoyed myself. I did not feel that way this time around. The lines were excessive. You had to do fast pass by a scheduled time. Which meant you couldn't go too far in another area because you needed to race back to get on that ride. I took my partner and my brother who had nrver been there and when I went to make reservations at my favorite restaurant by the castles, I was told it was booked 6 months in advance. I didnt even know I was going to Florida 3 months prior let alone make reservations 6mos in advance. All the restaurants were booked like that. Definitely a turn off. I think this was my last time going to magic kingdom.

5  Thank diana0131
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I always have a goodtime when we go. We are always prepared to wait for the rides and the key to making sure your little ones are more focused on the fun than the time it takes to wait. Always carry a back pack with emergency snack and small bottles of water. This will keep your little ones happy and calm while you make it to your next destination. My favorite part of the kingdom park is the live show and the parade.This is a very good experience for a family. Every visit creates a new memory.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is a joke and not worth the money at all. Used to be brilliant and special but the under investment in the parks, crazy costs to patrons, massive long line caused by constant over-capacity (new hotels all the time being built no new space for the extra guests in the parks). The fast pass system is a total clumbsy nightmare. Cuts out the fun and spontaneous nature of being able to wonder around at your own pace doing things as you see them. Now has to be approached as a military excerices fine tuning your hours and fast pass times which ultimately is a waste of time anyway because all the suitable times for rides will have been booked up ages ago, before you even arrive! If not completely booked up altogether (not to mention loads of rides constantly not open). A total joke, a local told me he booked rides months in advance so what chance do outside tourists have? (who I might add bring a lot of money into the local economy). The old fast pass system was at least fair to everyone.
Just not a goodplace to go anymore. Very sad.

9  Thank Jon W