“Fun!”

Ranked #5 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Fun and adveturous. The park is more enjoyable when you use the fast pass. The first day I went I didn't have fast pass and the wait in the lines were a bit too long and tiring. The second day I made sure I had all my fast pass adventures ready and it was great. Had a blast.

1  Thank Ann C
Write a ReviewReviews (62 765)
All reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 1 450 reviews
"small world"
in 1 351 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 1 095 reviews
"seven dwarfs mine train"
in 532 reviews
"main street"
in 1 376 reviews
"thunder mountain"
in 582 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 1 196 reviews
"electric parade"
in 376 reviews

1 800 - 1 804 of 62 767 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Although it was an extremely warm day, which is to be expected since it's in Florida and it's June, we still had a very enjoyable time. Personally I love the shows. Did not see one that I didn't enjoy, both live and animated. The friends that I was with love the rides so they did the usual Space mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Thunder mountain.

The Castle is so graceful and beautiful, just loved it all. The live singing shows there were amazing.

Love the Magic!

2  Thank Karyl D
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went to experience magic kingdom, rides broke down, wait times weren’t realistic when we complained to staff they said they would take into consideration for future, 3 rides broke down that day, we explained we where on a 1 day pass and they couldn’t care less, the monorail broke down and we all had to ferry home, every thing seemed disoriented in comparison to universal which had realistic wait times we had 1 ride that broke down and universal let us ride again without waiting. Whereas in magic kingdom rides had wait times of 40 mins and they ended up being 2 hours, Really disappointed with Disney

11  Thank Pat K
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The experiences we had at Magic Kingdom were wonderful. Of course it was hot, but we managed to stay hydrated and cool. The shows and rides were fun, and we created a lifetime of memories.

1  Thank Nick W
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic time at the happiest place on earth! I recommend purchasing your park tickets in your hotel lobby, it is about the same price as it is online and you will not have to wait on any lines to enter. I recommend definitely doing a character breakfast! Some of them take place inside the park, some of them at hotels outside of the park. Definitely book this way in advance as they fill up quickly. It is the best way to meet the characters and take good pictures with them. Also a great way for your children to have their autograph books signed by the characters. This will save you time from waiting on long lines inside the park to meet the characters, it is a good way to get out of the heat for a little bit, and the breakfast is also delicious and includes Mickey Mouse shaped waffles. There’s a princess character breakfast in the castle. Each day you’re allowed to use 3 free fast passes per person (you get to immediately go on the ride without having to wait on the line). I recommend downloading the Disney app in advance and booking your 3 fast pass rides as early in advance as u can, as they fill up quickly, and then you won’t be able to do it on the day of and you will have to wait on a long line to go on the ride (sometimes one to one and a half hours). The rides with the longest wait times were Peter Pan, splash mountain, space mountain , and big thunder mountain railroad - definitely use your fast pass for those. The rest of the rides we waited somewhere between 20-40 minutes the most, depending on the ride. It’s a small world and pirates of the carribean are my favorite rides both had about a 20-30 minute wait. I’ve never been to the be our guest beauty and the beast themed restaurant (its always booked way in advance so book that early if you’re a fan it looks amazing ). For snacks I recommend the Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel sold throughout the park. The dole whip was also good sold by pirates of the carribean (vanilla custard with pineapple, very refreshing on a hot day). I recommend purchasing a mophie for your phone battery will go fast with all the pictures you take. There are very few places to charge your phone but we did discover a nice shaded area near haunted mansion with seats and phone chargers (look for the area with tree trunks to sit on). So bring your charger. As for getting to the park, make sure your hotel has a shuttle or monorail service. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!! Nothing makes my feet hurt more than a few days walking around all the parks. Definitely sneakers over flip flops or sandals and pack band aids for blisters. They no longer do the electrical parade I was sad to find out, but they do a wonderful fireworks show every night around the same time with music playing. My last tip is to wait until your children are truly able to enjoy it there. Everything is so so so expensive and if they’re too young, they won’t remember someday going there. It’s my favorite place have a wonderful time!!!!