Review Highlights
I missed my trip by Megabus.

I booked reservations from Forte Lauderdale, FL, to Miami. The bus was to originate from Orlando... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2019
tapanmondal
Edmonton, Canada
Customer service

Worst customer services, ask for help they don’t care he was so rude never will send my mother in... read more

Reviewed 14 February 2021
GlobeTrotting691065

Recommended experiences in and around Orlando
from US$171,99
from US$59,99
from US$56,69
from US$66,67
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019

I booked 2 tickets from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando for my 80-year-old father and 79-year-old mother for the 3:40 PM Monday trip. The Fort Lauderdale bus stop is not located in Fort Lauderdale. It is actually located in the Trail Rail Station parking lot on Sheridan St in Hollywood Florida which means no bathrooms, no place to buy drinks or food and scarce seating at the mercy of the Florida sun.

As we were arriving to the station one hour before departure, I received an SMS informing me that we were facing a 30 to 45 minute delay. After arriving at the station, you'll find no signs identifying the Megabus. I found a lady sitting in a bus stop who told me that the last time she took same bus to Orlando, she experienced a 3 hour delay. I said to myself, poor lady, She just happened to travel in a bad day. Never imagined this could happen to me. So 45 minutes after the scheduled time, I received another SMS informing about a new 15 to 30 minute delay. So I thought, all right, 15 minutes, the bus must be somewhere close to the station. But after another 40 minutes and no bus, I decided to call Megabus customer service for information. By the way, the customer service phone number is no where to be found through the menus of Megabus website so I have to google to get the 877-462 6342 Customer Service Phone. After calling the number, a representative told me that the bus should be arriving "any time". 40 more minutes and no bus!! After another passenger told me that most probably they undersold the 3:40 PM trip so they would join our trip with the next schedule trip, I accessed the website and guess what? the next scheduled trip is at 6:45 PM that is 3 hours and 5 minutes later, exactly the delay time, the lady had told me she had experienced on arriving. I kept calling customer service asking for a real estimate of the waiting time, and they keep telling me they have no information and finally hanged up on me. Can you believe it? In the era of GPS and cell phones, they do not know where the bus is?

They just do it on purpose. For economic reasons. They have no respect for people's time and comfort and guess what: NO REFUNDS.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Date of experience: September 2019
3  Thank Alejandro R
Reviewed 31 July 2019

The worst service ever in my life ! I have booked a round trip from Miami to Orlando, I got to the pick up point at 6:40am my trip was at 7am, when I got there , many bus companies were at the terminal; All of them say the company’s name outside the bus; so I was looking for “megabus” bus but never found it , So I waited and waited and never saw the bus. Me and 5 more people were left behind since apparently the bus had left us. A bus we never saw! Ok . I called this company customer service, to try to catch the next bus or so! According to their policies there’s no refund , ok I understand, I wasn’t asking for a refund , all I wanted is to get in the next bus , the supervisor I asked to spoke to named “Helem” said that I could get in the next bus which was coming 10 minutes later. I waited for more than an hour and that bus never arrived , called again , talked to another “customer service” person and he said there wasn’t any other bus coming at that time ! So... Did Helem lied to me ?? Wow , I asked if I could take a different bus the next day , they said it was impossible! Furthermore, when I was talking on the phone and demanding for a response or solution they hanged up on me TWO TIMES I called back and same response no one could help out !!
In conclusion my trip to Orlando with my child was RUINED because of you MEGABUS!!! You have the worst customer service ever ! I would never recommend such as horrible company as you are !
To Lie to a mother with a child ? Waiting at the terminal for more than 4 hours for a response ? All I wanted is to Get to Orlando that or next Day ! Is that so difficult for you to accommodate a guest?
Attached is a pictures of all the times I reached them out on a phone call ! And NO ONE was able to help !

4  Thank Cynthiaginger
Reviewed 13 July 2019

I normally come here to write great reviews and I wish this was one of them. So here it goes. We booked a trip to Miami from Orlando. About an hour into the trip, the bus had to pull over on the side of the road do to having issues with the headlights. Issue was not resolved but driver managed to get us to Miami. Upon departing the bus we forgot our purse where we were sitting so we called customer service right away and asked for their help with this important matter. They were not friendly at all worst yet helpful. They mentioned that bus had been parked for the night and that we were going to have to wait till the morning and go back to the bus station at 6:30am before it went back on route. We asked if they could contact the driver and the answer was “no”. Not given much options, we waited till 6:30am till the bus arrived. We noticed it was a different driver so we asked if it was the bus from last night which he answered no. We called customer service again and this time they told us they couldn’t help us cause they were “customer service”, that we needed to speak to lost and found. We asked to speak to them but they said the only way to speak to them was by them calling us. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and they transferred me to “Helen” who proved to me why the customer service is so bad in her department. She went on to repeat the same thing her team had said and when I asked to speak to her manager, she denied my rights and stated that her manager was going to agree with her and hung up the call. We then received a call from a lady name Asia, who stated that the bus driver was at a hotel and he wouldn’t be on shift till noon and she wasn’t allowed to contact him till after he started his shift. I kept asking if there was any exceptions that they can do to help with our situation since we couldn’t even check in to a hotel without identification. But she rudely responded that we are responsible for our belongings before leaving the bus. Thanks for stating the obvious but I can think we felt bad enough, we didn’t need her to be condescending. She showed no sympathy for our situation whatsoever. I know there are policies and procedures you have to follow but coming from a customer service background, there are things that you can do to go out of your way to help someone which will go a long way. My hope was to had received such amazing customer service during this difficult issue, where I would’ve been writing on how the bus driver went out of his way to go back to the station after getting the call from customer service and bringing us our purse. I would’ve even gave him a nice reward for his services but instead I realized how terrible the service is and how they don’t have any compassion for customer needs. But hey like they said, they couldn’t help because they were in customer service... I thought that was customer service main job description. Would not recommend you travel with this company. Pay a bit more and travel with a well known company like Greyhound which actually has an office you can walk in and speak to someone in person.

3  Thank bigmankiko
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

The windshield was sated with rain;  the road drunk its fill and dribbled the rest over its shoulder. Swells, cattails and canals imbibed what was left.

Tier 2, seat 1 gives an almost panoramic view of the Floridian landscape. The orange/pink/blue sky sinks into the road like an open valley bounded by palms, pines and pricklies.

We push through the green swamps of Florida across the turnpike; we tear through Hollywood on a route with constant Naples cameos.

State troopers hold post every 30 miles or so, blaring blue light in the rearview of unsuspecting drivers.

Silver, white, burgundy, beige, blue kia, dodge, BMW, Amazon, Jim's Lawn service, Amazon travel the same arteries and scenes.

Grooved scars/ridges etched into asphalt memorialize the tracts of adventurers long gone. Old tire fragments riddle the shoulder, like discarded bones.

White dashed lines divide the dark gray asphalt into 12 foot channels; channels curl around corners unimpeded.

"Megabus.com" accompanied by a stout, plump chauffeur appears on the screen before you.

Blue lounging chairs and speckled floors hover over bodies seated below.

"Ahh... laddies and gentlemenss... welcome to Megabuss... I am ya driva, ya chauffeur..." (a Louisianan accent dribbles and bounces over the intercom).

"We'll be hav'n no alcohol or tobacco. If da cameras catch ya, ya'r trip will be ...term...i...nat...ttted."

Tier 2, seat 1 gives an almost panoramic view of the Floridian landscape. The red/purple/blue sky sinks into the road like an open valley bounded by figures of palms, pines and pricklies.

The windshield was sated with dew; roads became as sulken ghosts and swells; cattails and canals were nearly swallowed whole by the shade of night.

Soon the heavens were clothed with darkness and the route's metal ribs shown and flashed, lengthened like shadows along the edge of the highway.

As we roll into Tampa, long prickly green fingers extended their reach over the sound barriers. I was home and, now, could dribble over my pillows and pour over my sheets.

Like interactive art? Follow on Instagram @sidewalkspeaks | engage on Etsy @Paperspeaks

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 1 July 2019

Departed today from Jacksonville Florida to Atlanta Georgia at 1:50pm.
Heat index outside 102. Four hours into the trip the ambient temperature inside is 93°F. at 5:19 pm. The air emitting from the a/c vents is tepid, directly beneath the vent.
Several passengers have complained to customer service and have been told that no reports have been made. This is not only uncomfortable, but there are older people onboard, as well as children.
Everyone deserves a free ticket AND reimbursement for this trip!!

2  Thank sheilacF5887RF