“Not worth the line”

T-Rex Cafe
Ranked #334 of 4 214 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Description: T-REX Cafe is a prehistoric family adventure! This interactive attraction includes a full-service restaurant with life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, woolly mammoths and simulated meteor showers, as well as an impressive Octopus Bar, a dinosaur-themed retail store, and our interactive Paleo Zone.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This and the Rainforest (used to be much better when it first opened) have about the same averagefood offering. It is good for kids though and it would be the only reason to go to this location. There are so many great options at Disney Springs but if the kids insist the venue is good.

Write a ReviewReviews (11 424)

288 - 292 of 11 424 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Kids wanted to eat here so we went! Food good! Service average but they were extremely busy so not surprised! Very expensive so would not go again but the kids loved the dinosaurs and that's why we went!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Celebrated my 55th birthday here. We were in town visiting Universal Parks and we stumbled upon this visiting Disney Springs. I was sun burnt from attending a Braves vs. Astros at Wide World Of Sports earlier that day. We had a 8 p.m. reservation and were immediately seated. Portion sizes were big. Kid friendly. Kind of loud. Great experience!

1  Thank DouMau
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was absolutely amazing and the restaurant was beautiful! My teen children ages 14-16 absolutely loved the decor of dinosaurs and the food was great as well! Will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My kids were super excited to see this restaurant on our first night in Orlando while we were visiting Disney Springs. Without a prior reservation, the wait would be an hour and 45 minutes, so I made a reservation for a few days later at 5:30. When we arrived for our reservation we were told there would be a bit of a wait and were invited to wait in line or in the gift shop. My husband stood at the entrance to the gift shop so he could hear when they called for us while I let the kids dig in the fossil play area in the shop. An hour later, we were still waiting. My husband talked to the host who had a visibly surprised look and said they were cleaning some tables and it would be 5-10 minutes.
Our party of five was then called fairly quickly to a four top with an extra chair pulled up to it. (This doesn’t particularly bother me in itself but does point to the fact that our name was somehow lost. With small kids we’re used to this setup.)
Our server was polite but not very attentive. Everyone at the table ran out of drinks (and they sat empty for a while) before we were offered a refill. We had the Supersaurus Sampler which we really enjoyed, but the fish and chips I ordered and the ribs my husband got weren’t anything particularly special. The fish needed more seasoning. We considered ordering dessert at the beginning of the meal because there is a fun-looking chocolate cake option we thought the kids would enjoy but ultimately decided this place had gotten enough of our money. When the bill came, it included the $15 drink I had ordered but never received.
The fun, detailed atmosphere saves this place from being one star. A place with this high a price tag needs to step up.

1  Thank jcsmomma09