Reviews (2 402)
2 402 results
All reviews tgi fridays kirkman road minute walk stayed at the holiday inn kids eat free free shuttle upgraded to a suite golden corral breakfast buffet city walk one bedroom suite universal orlando two double beds full size fridge international drive shuttle service gift shop
77 - 82 of 2 402 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Initial entrance to the hotel was lovely, at reception there was a problem with the internet which took check in a bit longer than usual but it was fixed within 10/15 minutes. First impression of the room was that it was bigger than we expected, with microwave, fridge and safe. Location was fantastic, a 10 minute walk to Universal Studios and an uber wasn't too expensive for getting to Epcot or International Drive. Used the laundry room one day which was easy and simple to use and not overly expensive. Having a TGI Fridays next door was perfect for getting there at 6pm after a long 8 hour flight and just being able to jump in for a genuinely good meal. Would definitely stay here again without any issues.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karajane10
Gary R, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear karajane10,

Thank you for such a kind and detail review about your recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed the room and hotel and can't wait to have you back once again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Everything here was very nice except the pool area. Room was very large, clean, well serviced, good linens. Check in and out was easy and quick. Free parking. Good location.
But the pool... the kiddy area was empty because all the kiddies were in the "adult" pool. We sat in the kids area cuz it was away from the kids!! Hotel needs to police this better. I know its Orlando and everything but not everyone travels with children! There also could be more lounges. Won't repeat because of this.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gary R, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Cordroy,

We always try to provide our guests with a valuable stay and we will review your comments with our operations team to ensure our quality is consistent.

If you would like to discuss further, please call the hotel at your convenience and ask for the General Manager.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We visited this hotel in May. I live outside of Orlando and normally don't stay in hotels so close to home, but with family visiting from out of state wanted them to experience the fun of being so close to the attractions. We booked the 2 bedroom suite and was pleasantly surprised to find the accommodations great. Spacious rooms, very comfy beds and the kitchenette a bonus. Staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Suites were awesome
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Carol V,

Thank you so much for sharing your great stay experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. They truly care about providing the best guest experience. We look forward to you returning again very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stayed here in September 2017 and as we were getting married in Orlando during our stay, the hotel were really kind and upgraded us to a suite. This was ideal for a two week stay and gave us more room and comfort.
It’s located perfectly for Universal Orlando Resort. We walked there a number of times though crossing the main road is quite treacherous! I know they’re now building a footbridge for this reason as you were never quite sure if you’d make it across! Also as we had a car, the drive wasn’t too far for Disney and other parks, and plenty of restaurants for breakfast and dinner within a short drive. I wouldn’t recommend the attached restaurant. We went to TGI for breakfast one day and didn’t return. It wasn’t very clean, the food wasn’t fresh, and the service wasn’t great either. That’s a shame. The hotel staff were great, and I used the gym several times, which was also really convenient. The pool was out of use during our stay but this didn’t matter to us as we were very busy for the rest of our trip, including getting married. Really great trip for us.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible for a better view and more space and comfort.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Gary R, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Danieldabell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location and upgraded suite and congratulations on your wedding!

I did see the comments regarding TGI Friday and I am very sorry your experience there was not up to standards. I will make sure to share your comments with the General Manager of that establishment.

I do hope that you will be back to stay with us once again in the near future.

Regards,

Gary Rodriguez-General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2018

my room had broken furniture and some of the handles on the dresser where missing, the corridors remind me of a mental hospital and the smell like a mix of damp carpets and bleach.

the staff is super friendly and nice but I had some issues with billing and all they promised to fix it while I was on location and they did, it took longer than they said but it got fixed, but then when I got back home all of that was unfixed again and I had to spend an hour on the phone NOT getting my problem solved.

I would strongly recommend looking for a different hotel...

Room Tip: go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Guttormur Ingi E
Gary R, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

We take pride in our service and strive to reach perfection. Your experience was certainly the exception and is not normal. We certainly appreciate your feedback as it is most important to us to identify areas of continuous improvement which helps to ensure future stays are more comfortable.